Impeachment

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Sep 24, 2019.

1. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

So we do import oil? Humor me. I’m a slow reader.

2. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think we all were notified to be nicer. I got a personalized message. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd but you ************* don’t seem to be on board with the kumbayah ****.

3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Calling others "*************" ain't exactly adding to the love, Bubba. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It’s ironic and expressive - all at once. That’s how toothless slow readers express themselves.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Also conveniently shipped cheaper than Jones Act cargoes.

6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I’m waiting for one of you Uber smart oil executives to enlighten me. Do we import oil?

I’m driving across Indian territory for high school basketball playoffs. So, forgive me popping in/out.

7. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Yes. The US imports oil. Has for the last 30 years minimum.

8. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

To maximize refinery margins. In short, gasoline exports via imported oil subsidize the cost of gas for US consumers.

9. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

So the people who tell me they are smarter than me indicate that we, in fact, are NOT energy independent. So fdoes that mean you’re less intelligent than me smarty pants?

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

They are playing word games on you. Of course the US is dependent on other markets and raw materials, but if you did an energy balance around the US, the net import of energy is zero. US achieved net energy export before Covid under Trump.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I doubt these guys are smart. If they didn’t mention Jones act and drawing an energy balance around the US then they don’t know squat. Sorry.

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Of course, no man is an island. This is the basis for saying the US is not energy independent. But no one can be independent by this definition. Import rare earths from other countries? Boom! Not energy independent. This is why this argument can be both true and asinine at the same time. You need to do an energy balance to determine if energy is being imported or exported. Full stop. Who cares if I import heavy crude and then turn around and export gasoline and NGL’s to Latin America and Asia if on a net enery basis it cancels out?

13. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

mchammer, to your point I think net exporter is the best way to describe what the US was a couple of years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

The people I speak of are in this thread.

I said “most dems are ok with ramping up production and such to be less dependent (implied dependence is on OIL).

Smart guy said “we are energy independent. Dems are so ignorant.”

I, the I ignorant dem, said “so we don’t import foreign oil”?

Condescending smarty pants posters commented about we wouldn’t have to import oil but for the Jones Act and the fact that we need heavy crude. Ignoring the question i posed to which I knew the answer.

Answer: yes, we import foreign oil.

Mona made my list of disingenuous posters. To quote Vince Vaughn, shake the tail when you walk. you’re better than that. Shake the tail when you walk, man. You're better than that.

15. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Are you saying this isn't true? Why is this a problem for you? I don't get it.

My comment explained that US oil refineries need foreign oil so no matter how much oil the US produces, US refineries would still need crude oil from Canada, Venezuela, or Saudi.

For answering your questions? I gave you the answer you already believed. What's up with that? I think you are more mad at me about the Russia-Ukraine invasion. But we are on the same page on oil production and whether we import oil.

16. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

In 2020, the United States imported about 7.86 million barrels per day (MMb/d) of petroleum from about 80 countries. Petroleum includes crude oil, hydrocarbon gas liquids, refined petroleum products such as gasoline and diesel fuel, and biofuels (including ethanol and biodiesel). Crude oil imports of about 5.88 MMb/d accounted for about 75% of U.S. total gross petroleum imports in 2020, and non-crude oil petroleum accounted for about 25% of U.S. total gross petroleum imports.

In 2020, the United States exported about 8.50 MMb/d of petroleum to about 174 countries and 4 U.S. territories. Crude oil exports of about 3.21 MMb/d accounted for 38% of total U.S. gross petroleum exports in 2020. The resulting total net petroleum imports (imports minus exports) were about -0.63 MMb/d in 2020, which means that the United States was a net petroleum exporter of 0.63 MMb/d in 2020.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  18. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Yep. "He's destabilizing NATO!" is all I kept hearing. All he wanted was for our allies to pay their fair share. Another fake MSM narrative bites the dust.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
  19. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The liberal Sunday shows spent all time with republicans asking why Trump praised Putin. 50 years from now, TDS will still be around.

20. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

He implied that the US was paying that cost. If knowingly, misleading, at best. If via ignorance, we’ll it’s ignert. On point for him, you’re great leader.

21. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Even Factcheck.org in 2016 debunked the lie that Trump wanted to destabilize NATO.
    In fact Charles Lane of Wapo asked Trump and Trump said No he did not want to pull out.
    He did say over and over that the US was paying a disproportionate amount and that had to stop.
    Hillary accused Trump of saying that
    We see it sticks around to this day and with people on here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

He didn't leave and actually got many of them to pay more. How's that article look now?

Not sure of your point. If you have a link I might understand. Nothing changes the fact that Germany is finally going to pay their fair share. Trump was correct.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Bubba loves his MSM disinformation.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Haha, an article from 2019 written by a guy who was considered as a possible Veep candidate for Killary. Yeah, I'm sure his opinion is rock solid, his, Supremeness notwithstanding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Well you deluded folks are touting trump. So I will stand on my corner just fine. You ignore the “Putin is happy with Trump” part, it seems.

I also think a 2019 article making this point is more appropriate.

27. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

You know it will. There are certain people who still believe the nonsense spewed by Hillary and the MSM five and six years ago, even though it has been shown to be nonsense. Just look also at the way some have consumed all of the grape FlavorAid over recent comments attributed to DJT without taking the time to actually VIEW the video from which the comments were then pulled and put into stories out of context and without noting the dripping sarcasm attached to the comments.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Trump never talked about leaving NATO so your article mentioning it is quite worthless. Once again you fall for disinformation. You have no business calling anyone deluded, bud.

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. horninchicago

I know you think all of that. That's what makes it so funny. This guy says Putin is happy with Trump so it must have been true. Lol.

:lmao:

• Like Like x 2
  30. horninchicago

It gets even funnier when you see that the guy bases his thoughts on Trump supposedly threatening to pull out of NATO on a NYT report that is behind a paywall. Hilarious. NYT has always been so truthful in its Trump "reports".

• Agree Agree x 1