In-N-Out Burger in Dallas

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by general35, May 25, 2010.

1. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

there is a carl's jr.? where? they opened a smashburger in fort worth. it is pretty good.

2. MaxHorn

MaxHorn 250+ Posts

They have broken ground on the In 'N Out site in Allen. The building at Caruth Haven & Central that will (supposedly) house the Dallas In 'N Out is still empty and has no signs.

As for Carls Jr. on Lemmon, it IS open but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I grew up in LA and was never really a fan, but I'm sure I'll try it soon just to bring back some memories. I seem to recall liking the Western Bacon Cheeseburger as a kid...

3. veggieboy

veggieboy 500+ Posts

There has been a Carl's Jr east of Rockwall on I30 for quite some time. It's in a gas station.

4. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

They've opened a Carls Jr. on Lemmon, too.

5. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

In reply to:

6. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

Reading this thread reminded me of how great William's is, but also that I had an even better burger... that is right, a new burger champ in the world of THEU.... (I am sure no one really cares, that was sarcasm btw).

But, if any of you are ever in Temple, you HAVE to try Wes's Burger Shack in downtown. Seriously.... It's 9:15 when I read this and I might have to go as soon as they open....

7. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

The response has been overwhelming thus far. Many customers camped overnight in the parking lot on Tuesday, hoping to be the first to taste the legendary burger, while others waited for hours in the lengthy drive-thru line, which stretched over two miles during the lunchtime rush on Wednesday.

Interesting, Fort Worth is getting one too. Looks like there will a east coast/west coast battle in north tx between Five Guys and In & Out. I do not understand the "line people," the people that need to be the first to have an iphone or an ipad or a....burger...they are good but not worth sitting in line for an hour or more. wait a week.

8. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'll say this - it won't be camping out a year from now, but the fact is the In-n-Out across the freeway from where I live might as well be closed to me, because the drive-in is always at least 6 cars deep during mealtime, and sometimes more than that.

BTW do they have Fatburger in Dallas? I had them the other day and mannnnnn that's good.

9. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

This story with video of the car line was on Morning Joe this morning. Everyone on the show seemed to think it was pretty funny and seemed to be implying that Texans were crazy. [​IMG]

10. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

I celebrated the grand opening this weekend by having a double meat, double cheese Whataburger with grilled jalapeños!!

11. the Saint

the Saint 500+ Posts

I second the Fat Burger comment by ProdigalHorn. Love me some In & Out, but absolutely crave Fat Burger.

12. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

i like smashburger a lot.