Iowa State takes down Baylor

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by liatris, Mar 8, 2020.

1. liatris

liatris 25+ Posts

57-56

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

3. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Great game. Fennelly is top notch coach. Just wish this loss for Baylor was in The Dance.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Interesting. I thought Baylor’s offense would come into form once Smith got back healthy but that hasn’t been the case. Even in our game with them their offense wasn't all that good.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Great win for the Twister Sisters!

6. Chris Drake

Chris Drake < 25 Posts

Lol, so funny.

7. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Uh...?

8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Ah, a Baylor fan coming to the Texas message board after their loss. Classic.

9. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Isn’t that crazy. They dominate Texas traditionally and lose their first conference game in almost 60 games but this is where they come.

10. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Anyone else notice how Baylor players (Cox) disrespect the refs like Kim does? That really pisses me off. Disrespecting the refs is the fan’s job! :beertoast:

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  11. HnH

HnH 100+ Posts

This is not quite the Baylor machine of last year. They've had games where they've looked great, but quite a few not so great. A lot of flat moments for this team, and it finally caught up to them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Too bad it didn’t t catch up to them a week earlier.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

In the part I saw, I actually thought Richards handled the foul pretty well. Mulkey threw her usual tirade. The referee also handled it well....just listened to Mulkey without responding. As for the foul call, I thought it was correct. That would have been a call in the first 39 minutes, 59 seconds. So don’t change the criteria and swallow your whistle at that point. Of course all referees don’t want to have to be the focal point in a tie game. But you simply HAVE to make that call. My Southern Baptist colleagues don’t agree though. I will say that it was nice to watch Mulkey lose that argument.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I agree that Baylor’s offense is not as good as last year. Iowa State packed it in and dared Baylor to shoot. Iowa State is a team that has an offense that can give lots of teams trouble. They were 10-24 from BTA.. I think there are half a dozen teams that could beat Baylor down the road. Oregon with the dominant point guard is the worst match-up for Baylor. They also are huge inside with outside shooting range. There will be some great match-ups in The Dance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Agreed completely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Agreed! A foul is a foul, and Richards DID commit the foul.

17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Kudos to the UConn board for these gems!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  18. Chris Drake

Chris Drake < 25 Posts

But when will yall do it, as far as wbb texas is the little bratty sister to Baylor. So stay in your lane. Still the defending national champs.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  19. HnH

HnH 100+ Posts

And where is your lane to stay in? Talk about a brat.

Hard to understand much of your incoherent babbling. But I'm pretty sure a team that lost its last game of the season ain't defending nothing except the stinky egg they just laid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

The irony, a Baylor fan coming over to a Texas fan board talking about someone staying in their lane. As I said, it’s amazing how Baylor wbb fans have an inferiority complex when it comes to a program they’ve dominated.

• Like Like x 1
  21. zztx1

zztx1 100+ Posts

Mulkey claimed this is all about Iowa State and not Baylor. For the first time, I thought she was not taking responsibility for the game. She had been making excuses about this team not there yet and then this happens. We will never know but I thought they were not going to get the great placement in the tourney this year.