Iowa State @ Texas 01/15/2023

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Jan 11, 2023.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Hopefully we can keep our string of consecutive wins against the Twister Sisters going.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

I realize these are from the KU game, but these court-level, extended highlights, will get you fired up for the game on Sunday:

• Like Like x 5
  3. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Forgive me, I'm old... Are the Twister Sisters the Joens? If so, I'm way more worried about that Big 12 Defender of the Year! :rolleyes1: Will she and Rori go head to head?

4. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

The twister sisters refers to the cyclones team in general, there’s only one Joens sister on the team this year.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Thanks for sharing the highlights. Fired Up! :fire::hookem::fire:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

ISU is over-ranked in my opinion having only one “signature” win against 25 Villanova. They’ve lost whenever they played other ranked teams even with Soares. Without Soares, they are back to being a pretty standard ISU team. We should be able to win this. The team that played Kansas wins. The team that played OKState is iffy. My money is on the Horns.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. geewago

geewago 100+ Posts

I was there Tuesday night for the Kansas game. I definitely believe if that team shows up it will be a win. But who knows when a certain team is going to show up?

• Like Like x 3
  8. UrsusArctos

UrsusArctos 100+ Posts

With 56 seconds left in the Kansas game, the good guys up 72 to 59, Harmon misses two free throws and they call a time out. On the way to the bench Rori tips her head back and absolutely screams in frustration.

That’s why I always like our chances. :hookem:

• Like Like x 7
  9. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I hope Texas takes control of this game from beginning to end

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Gonna be an ugly slugfest.

11. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

We lost our 1st qtr lead. We're ICE COLD! Let's GO HORNS!!

12. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Rough 2nd quarter. 8 turnovers, poor shooting, foul trouble with Gaston and Gonzales.
    Clinging to the lead at half. 35-31

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  13. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I was ok with our foul situation until Gaston picked up #2 late in the 2nd Qtr

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Up 52-47. Start of 4th. Still anyone's game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  15. UrsusArctos

UrsusArctos 100+ Posts

Looking good!
    They only have 2 points in the fourth with 4:44 to go.
    Dialing up the D!

• Like Like x 1
  16. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

Great 4th qtr ladies.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I have to say I didn’t have Mina guarding Joens so much on my bingo card today. Great job!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Defense creates a blow out.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

LONGHORNS!!!!:bevo::hookem::bevo::hookem::yippee:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Sincerely hookem

Sincerely hookem 100+ Posts

Great Win for us BUT job is not finished.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Me oh my, that's two ranked teams this week! Me thinks we might be back in the polls.:hookem3::hookem3::hookem3:

• Agree Agree x 6
  22. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

My only question is why did Vic wait so long to play Hadi? I didn't see her until the 4th quarter.

23. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Where in the hell is espn getting these female announcers?? With a minute and a half left to play and Texas up 17 she says, "if ISU wants to win they better start fouling".:facepalm:

Isu coulda put their men's team on the court and it still had no chance in hell. Fouling to prolong the misery was probably the last thing on Finnelly's mind. He was probably thinking let's get the hell outta here and get back to Ames.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

She had a couple fouls earlier and looked like she tweaked her ankle or something on the 2nd one. He didn’t really need her until the 4th imo in this case

25. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

What a fun game to be at. I need to watch it again to see how that fourth quarter happened! Have to say, I was questioning some of Vic’s lineup choices during the second and third quarters. Was it all part of the grand plan? Amina is doing an amazing job. She is earning her time on the floor.

• Agree Agree x 6
  26. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Rori 3 steals
    Big 12 Defensive POY 1

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  27. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Attendance today was 6,405
    Great crowd! Fun game to attend!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  28. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

She was in early. No stats. Muhammad, Gaston Jones and Holle we're handling the front court just fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. UrsusArctos

UrsusArctos 100+ Posts

Yeah, she played the in the first, third and fourth quarters. 14 minutes, 5 points and three fouls. With Amina, Taylor, Dee and Hadi we are deep down under and Iowa Sate is not. Amina logged 21 minutes and Gaston 27. Amina has been running the floor well and can guard the quicker smaller peripheral players better than Hadi which we needed in this game. Her ankle looked fine later on, at least from my living room it did. Hadi is going to get her's, like Vic said, the way she rebounds it's hard to keep her on the bench.

30. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Another 40 minutes for Harmon. Not sure how long she can continue that work load.

• Agree Agree x 3