Iowa State vs Kansas ??

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by DRAG69, Jan 23, 2008.

1. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

ESPN is televising this piece of crap game while 2 ranked teams, Baylor vs A&M, is going on ?

That is ridiculous. Kansas will beat ISU by 40 points.

2. Barton Hills

Barton Hills 1,000+ Posts

I was just checking to see if BU/A&M was televised anywhere ... haven't found anything yet.

3. 4realhorn

4realhorn 500+ Posts

I was thinking the same thing when I saw a commercial for it lastnight. I just assumed the Baylor vs A&M game would be on tv. I guess I was wrong. Regardless, what the hell is Iowa St. doing on tv?

4. KosherHorn

KosherHorn 250+ Posts

Even though the opponent is ISU, the Kansas game has far more national appeal. Baylor/A&M may have more appeal to us Texans, but there's not much interest outside of that.

I'm sure A&M has something online if you want to check it out.

5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Why would KU-ISU have any national appeal? I'd want to see UNC-Clemson, but not UNC-Georgia Tech, for example.

6. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

7. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

"Job fair"....code for monster truck rally

8. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Moron alert.....

I got back to my hotel room and switched on the TV. I found the ISU v Kansas game and watched it for almost 20 minutes (while unpacking) before I realized it was ESPN Classic. They even showed Roy Williams and Larry Eustachy a couple of times and it didn't even register.

I need more sleep.

9. iowahorn11

iowahorn11 100+ Posts

You do realize that a ton more people would watch a KU game nation wide than would a Texas a&m game right? KU is one of the top 4-5 programs in the country year in and year out.

Plus the fact that Baylor is playing just hurts that games chances even more. Baylor may be playing well this season, but to the uneducated ESPN audience nationwide they're still that track school with the crazy basketball player who murdered his teammate.

10. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

11. Pancho Negro

Pancho Negro 250+ Posts

12. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

13. Pancho Negro

Pancho Negro 250+ Posts