Jake Oliver Leaving Team

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by easy, Feb 6, 2017.

1. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

2. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Nooooooooooo!

3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Hate to see Jake go. He is excellent, could have been used a lot more last year.

Best wishes, Mr Oliver. :hookem:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

5. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Way to turn it on this year Jake! I loved it.

• Like Like x 3
  6. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Darn it. I hate to see Jake go. I know he would have been a major contributor next year. Thanks Jake for all your hard work, sacrifice, blood, sweat, and tears. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 3
  7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Dang! Hate to see him go. But good luck to him whatever he does in life. :bevo::hookem:

• Like Like x 3
  8. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

• Like Like x 3
  9. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

Good luck, Jake! :hookem:

10. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

He's been here four years? Hard to believe. Good luck.

11. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Hate to see him go, but if he already has a job lined up it's probably a good decision. He's not going to play in the NFL.

12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I appreciate all the young man did for our program and wish him all the best.

Perhaps, but I seem to recall the same thing being said about a number of people:

Wes Welker
    Danny Amendola
    Larry Izzo
    Britt Hager
    Priest Holmes
    Tech's LB who started several years for the Dolphins
    The walkon DL from Pfluegerville who never started, hardly played, but signed as a free agent with the Steelers and was on their team at least three years.

Those are just a few of the multitude.

13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

14. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I think all of those showed a lot of potential long before going into their Sr year, certainly Wes Welker and Priest. In fact, I was saying Priest would be great when he was a So, only injuries held him back.

I'm sure Jake has gotten a lot of advice from coaches, parents, scouts, etc. and if he thought he had any chance at an NFL career he would at least play his final year. That's a huge decision and I'm sure loaded with a ton if data and information before making it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Run,

I am not criticizing his decision, which I am sure that he and his family have talked and prayed about. I was just commenting on

and the fact that there had been a number of "no chance" kids that did make it in the NFL.

16. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Best to you Jake. No one but you knows the whole of it but whatever career you are entering I hope the best for you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. utxhorns32

utxhorns32 100+ Posts

He may not even be interested in trying to make it in the NFL. Good luck to him and thanks Jake for always giving max effort.:hookem::bevo:

18. bck031

bck031 1,000+ Posts

19. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Priest also had to split carries with Shon Mitchell and/or Ricky Williams while he was here.