Jan 17 OV's

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by OldHippie, Jan 16, 2015.

1. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Updated official visitors list for this weekend (24/7):

RB, Nick Brossette, University Lab (Baton Rouge, LA)
    OL, Patrick Vahe, Euless Trinity
    CB, Kris Boyd, Gilmer
    CB, Holton Hill, Houston Lamar
    S, DeShon Elliott, Rockwall-Heath
    ATH, Louis Brown, Burton
    ATH, Kirk Johnson, Valley Christian (San Jose, CA)

2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Boyd, Hill and Brossette we got a shot at. Isn't Brossette an LSU commit? Any chance to flip him? Or is he just in town for grins and to get to travel some...

3. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

^^^ There is some 50-50 chance, if not better, for Nick Brossette to flip from LSU to us. He has been saying a lot of very pro-Texas things for a while, freely. Also, Deshon Elliott and Brossette apparently have become very close friends during the recruiting season from All-star games and all that, and Deshon has been recruiting him hard too.

Plus. there is a tough background story on him and his mother's health condition, that would make anybody a fan of his. See this -The Link
    In fact recently he even tweeted "once I leave home, I'm never coming back". He may actually even want to get away from it all, to a place like Texas. Not too far, but away. Won't surprise me if he goes ahead and commits to us this weekend.

4. OrangeClad

OrangeClad 250+ Posts

Brossette is also looking at a tough depth chart competing for playing time with LSU freshman phenom Fornette and now supposed phenom recruit Derrius Guice.

5. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

It's a big day for us. The cork is bobbling up and down in the water. Charlie needs to start reeling them in. [​IMG]

6. Branyon

Branyon 500+ Posts

Brown decommited.

7. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Our thread on the Louis Brown deommitment -The Link

8. jayakris

jayakris 2,500+ Posts

Hmmm... Looks like a commitment could be on its way from this week's OVs. RB Nick Brossette just dropped the "committed to LSU" line he had at his twitter profile for almost a year. All reports and tweets from him were that he had a fantastic time this weekend. He is set to visit LSU this week, but he is from University Labs high school, which is right next to LSU campus in Batorn Roge, if I am not mistaken, so he knows all about LSU. Looking good for the good guys to flip one from under Les Miles' nose.

Brossette is a high 4-star (#121 on ESPN, #155 on scouts, #216 on 247sports and #247 on rivals, for an industry-average rating of national #164).