January 6 was a lie

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Garmel, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I read the article, and she's not wrong. An entire fake narrative was set up by this event, and frankly, it would have been fake even if the worst facts believed about January 6 had actually been fully true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mr D
    That is a departure from your earliest comments on Jan 6
    And your character is tops.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Speaks for itself

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  4. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

My view on January 6 at its core level hasn't changed. To the people who were violent, broke the law, and tried to get the election overturned, I'm no more sympathetic than I ever was. What I think has become clear is that the size and degree of what occurred was falsely described and wildly exaggerated by the media and Democrats for political gain. Mid-level troublemakers were made into dangerous monsters, and of course, every conservative who didn't outwardly shill for Democrats was smeared.

You'll also notice that I don't defend Trump on any of this. None of this happens without him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Something about that looks fake, and I don't think that's the real James O'Keefe. I'm pretty sure this is.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Sorry, but blaming Trump for this is absurd. We needed to protest that joke of a election.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He's not the proximate cause, but he is a but-for cause.

8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Fair enough.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I think this is a deep fake

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

Should be pretty easy to find the FBI agents who did this, but then again, the gov is surely patting them on the back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Surely promotions are in order.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I don't watch Tucker but he's 100% correct.

"Jan. 6 I think is probably second only to the 2020 election as the biggest scam in my lifetime,” Carlson responded. “And you know it is because they become completely hysterical when confronted with any facts that deviate from their lies.” - Tucker Carlson.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. CTex

CTex 100+ Posts

Wow, that is a take regarding Babbitt that I never saw coming. Hard to draw definite conclusions But I have to admit that video raises questions by showing all of the events leading up to and after the shooting. One more video that we were only shown snippets of for 2 years. The goofy guy narrating the video is a little annoying but I see the sarcastic point he’s trying to make. And it at least makes sense that it could’ve been an attempt to further escalate the crowd. Escalating the crowd allowed for Congress to declare an emergency situation and not only table things for a later vote but in an emergency take all power away from Pence and leave it all to Pelosi.

14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

I'm seeing comment about the HWH placement coming because of being within 12 months of expiration...but even if true, it is discretionary and the video likely helped with that discretion being used...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Yet there are still some in jail for 800 days without a trial. How is that possible?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You're correct.

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Only about 20 percent of his sentence was for what he actually did. The other 80 percent was for what he looked like.

19. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I agree. I will also add that this action by those who entered the White House was the dumbest things the right wing has done in a long time. Nobody had any vision as to how it would look and would be easily exploited by the left. Now every Republican is forced to deny they supported it which works well politically for the left as being a suspect is all that matters.

Believe the victim. Don't believe the denier.

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

21. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Ha, and they conspire with foreign countries for financial gain.

22. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

J6 was absolutely a lie and it was manufactured by the apparatus the federal government used to fight ISIS. The capabilities the military develops for external threats eventually are turned on citizens. Think Patriot Act. Then Russia hoax. Then Covid narrative hoax. Then 2020 election censorship.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

24. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

What is scary is that there is a de facto Ministry of Truth running the government now. The official organization isn't being pursued but the activities started back in the Obama Administration in several different agencies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Is there anything the Demx have NOT lied about?

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

29. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

1/6 was a joy for the media—they like big fires and car wrecks and violence because it gets viewers and they can sell their ads for more. More money!! Which is good

1/6 was visually stirring and was related to a guy they really don’t like and whom their viewers/readers don’t like

an arraignment is a nothing event but they covered it like it was the biggest thing since the Reichstag fire

and it sure whipped up the clowns of the left, who were glued to the glass teat

1/6 was a mostly peaceful protest but a fraction of the crowd got overwrought and created a big media event and made a lot of money for MSNBC and others

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

By my math, apparently 25% of the violent protesters were planted by the Feds!

• Agree Agree x 1