J'Covan Brown

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by UTperks, Jul 31, 2008.

1. UTperks

UTperks 25+ Posts

Will he be enrolled and ready to play?
    Any news?

Thanks

2. EJC+1

EJC+1 250+ Posts

Doesn't look good.

3. elguapo

elguapo 250+ Posts

4. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

I live in the Pt. Arthur area. Everyone I have talked to says he's not coming (most likely due to academics). Hate to start rumors, but I really don't think it's a rumor. He will more than likely end up at the local Junior College in Pt. Arthur.

5. True Colors

True Colors 25+ Posts

J'Covan Brown may indeed end up at a JUCO. I don't know. But if he does it would be shocking to see him end up at LUPA. Why wouldn't Brown go to more of an established basketball program?

Maybe somebody involved in the situation believes that he needs to stay close to home.

TC

6. EJC+1

EJC+1 250+ Posts

Puddle,

Justin Mason is going to have to increase his scoring load this year...which I think he can. The kid did average 25ppg his senior year, so he knows how to score. He's been the 4-5-6th option the past 2 years. Not anymore.

Hopefully, help will be on the way the year after this one in the form of Avery Bradley and Jordan Hamilton.

7. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

That's my feeling. They are going to be more of an inside-oriented team this year. They'll need some scoring help once AJ is gone.

I want to see Balbay play before I have any concern.

8. Texoz

Texoz 1,000+ Posts

If you've been following Brown's recruitment you know the odds of him making it to Austin were low for a lot of reasons, but not because he didn't want to come. It'll be shame if he can't play for Texas. From what I've read he ignored poor advice and followed his heart & head. I wish him well and hope that gets to UT.

9. longhornmatt

longhornmatt 25+ Posts

Our recruiting strategy with regard to the 08 class was ... questionable, to say the least.

10. musubi

musubi 100+ Posts

yeah...questionable is a diplomatic way of saying it. it's hard to not second guess. we have to hope that '09 class doesn't turn out like this one.