Jeez - two more gone.

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by AustinBat, Jul 24, 2014.

1. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Jalen Overstreet and Chevoski Collns (redshirt) dismissed for violation of team rules. I guess Strong is weeding out players who didn't think he meant what he said.

2. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

In Strong I trust. [​IMG]

3. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

According to OB, a repeat by both of the same previous offense (no report what that was/is). Coach is going to get the players' attention and create the team he wants.

4. tejas77

tejas77 1,000+ Posts

Addition by attrition.

Strong aint playing fellas, he's serious. I like it! [​IMG]

5. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

Assuming grades right? What other team rules could they bring during the summer that wouldn't involve police?

6. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

I don't know, but Charlie is serious about turning the team around. I think I heard that the BYU score from last year is prominently displayed. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. dalhorn1

dalhorn1 1,000+ Posts

Be careful what you wish for. Sometimes you may get it.

Looks like we got the enforcer attitude that Mack lacked.
    I'm glad, but slightly afraid, since we still have 36 days till kickoff.

The Fulmer Cup is going to be raised high somewhere this year for sure

8. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Mack won parents over with his charm and politics as well as one hell of a win v. loss record. There are indeed parents of good kids who will eat this up and it could very much play into getting kids nationally who may not have paid attention before.

It's time to make young men who think they are men accountable for their actions. They can have their cake and eat it too but better not spill it on their clothes or make a mess. Be responsible, don't take things for granted and EARN what you get.

For too long I saw the players not giving a **** if they lost to OU or anybody else. The Monday after a game they were walking around again like they were victorious on the battlefield, returning to plunder the women and sack the riches. Cockily walking around like it was just another game. Not all, many, most.

It was sad to see that there was no pride in a defeat to such a rival. I don't expect them to have the vitriol that fans develop over decades of support. But damn, be a proud athlete who takes it personal when your "team" farts pathetically and then moves away to not even account for it let alone sniff it. You dealt it, you smelt it.

Accountability.

9. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Overstreet wasn't going to get any snaps anyhow. Not even Jeremy Hills snaps.

I was interested to see what Collins could do, but he didn't play well in the Spring Game. I'm glad Strong is up for the enforcer role, because Mack let things get this bad.

10. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

With these 2 dismissals, the body count is now up to 4. Coach is cleaning house, keeping the players that buy in and are committed to the program. This sits well with me. The attrition also frees up 4 scholarships for incoming recruits that also buy in and are committed. [​IMG]

11. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

Meeting the 85 scholarship limit by Fall practice is no longer a concern. Never was but it was going to be interesting to see how the team got down to 85 with the large 2014 class coming in. No longer in question. Looking like some walk-ons may pick up unexpected scholarships if the housecleaning continues.