Joe Biden Accomplishment Thread

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, May 28, 2021.

1. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

When a country’s military becomes political, it never ends well. Good news is that I think most soldiers are not liberal snowflakes. Leadership is focus on LGBQTWxYZ though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

iis
    I hope and agree you are right
    But looking at this latest treasonous act being ignored by media having the real military doesn't stop the "senior officials" from endangering us.

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So gov't people KNEW Chicoms had invaded but did not inform Trump Admin??
    Why not?
    How is that not treason?

5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Treason. All phases of government have abandoned the constitution and there is no accountability. The people need to arm up in defense of freedom.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

That's Bee worthy stuff right there

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Horn2RunAgain

Point of concern to me was during the early days of covid, Sheriff's depts and police departments were heavy handed enforcing the restrictions on the populace. These are mostly former military folks. Concerns me they'd follow the orders blindly AND be heavy handed doing do

Speaking strictly of the DFW area.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

H2
    I never vaxxed and was shut out of much in north Dallas in addition to being called names

9. Horn2RunAgain

I just recall the 1rst weekend of the covid lock down. We had to park in the pkg lot of our church, as directed by Clay fn Jenkins (county judge). The moment our pastor speaks a county Sheriff vehicle pulls up and rudely advises people to roll their windows up. Dude was straight military (I'm a Vet) and all I could think of was how much these guys have become robots. Patriotism meant little, exerting authority was their sole purpose.

When folks tell me "the military is with us, and exactly like us", I disagree. Saw it differently too many times during that lock down. Sad deal

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

He was trying to protect you. Covid is carried by the wind. Hah!

Last week, my wife and I went to the grocery store, and I noticed 3 - 4 people together, one of them with a mask. I turned around and my wife asked if we had forgotten something. Me: I want to tell mask boy that I saw COVID hanging around aisle 12. She got the joke but restrained me from being my normal jackass self.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

This short article touts some of Joe's purported accomplishments.

Biden has 'remarkably good' record to tout in State of the Union address

“What people really care about is jobs. They care about inflation, Himes said. "That’s what I’m hoping the president will talk about,” he added. “Because there’s a remarkably good story to be told around all of these things that I think are more important to most Americans than balloons that are flying overhead.

"This is not the kind of thing you can easily keep secret since you can sort of see this thing with a good pair of binoculars," Himes said of the balloon.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Now what would really be funny is if the GOP side all came into the chambers for the state of the Union speech holding helium filled balloons.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

14. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I hope the republicans behave unlike the democrats did with Trump. Sarah Huckabee’s response should outline every lie sleepy tells to his sheeple.

15. guy4321

guy4321 2,500+ Posts

LOL.

"
    Judge Charnelle Bjelkengren of Spokane County Superior Court made headlines last month during her confirmation hearing to serve on the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington.

On her Senate Judiciary questionnaire for her nomination, Bjelkengren was asked to provide details about the "10 most significant litigated matters which you handled." Bjelkengren listed six, including one case in which she lost to someone on appeal who forewent legal counsel and was representing herself.

Appearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Bjelkengren was quizzed about basic knowledge of the Constitution.

"Tell me what Article V of the Constitution does," asked Sen. John Kennedy, R-La.

"Article V is not coming to mind at the moment," Bjelkengren responded.

"How about Article II?" Kennedy said.

"Neither is Article II," Bjelkengren said.
    "

Biden judicial nominee under fire for alleged lack of legal knowledge, experience

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

" Alleged lack of knowledge"? Could it be any clearer?
    Senator Kennedy, R.La is masterful

• Like Like x 2
  17. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Come on Dems, you gotta support the brilliant, informed and politically savvy Kamala Harris for POTUS 2024.

After all, she is a: " woman of color " .... which is bogus.

18. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Contrast McCarthy's demeanor as Speaker with Nancy Pelosi. Kevin didn't tear up the notes after Biden spoke (as Nancy did for Trump). I'm so glad Nancy is no longer Speaker.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've heard some say that Senator Kennedy pulled a dirty trick with these questions. A trick question is asking asking about a very obscure case that the nominee wouldn't have a reason to apply or study. This is more like asking a doctor if a heart attack is a good thing or a bad thing. Pretty basic stuff. Basically, if you've ever even briefly browsed through the Constitution, you should know this.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Huh? Wut? Wut iz "the Constitution"?

Sorry. I was channeling that dipsh** judge there for a moment.

• Funny Funny x 3
  21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I don’t know why the candidates don’t carry a pocket constitution and whip it out every time these questions are asked. Further, say “I carry one with me all the time”. As an engineer, I carry a calculator everywhere I go professionally.

22. Facing Addiction

Facing Addiction 1,000+ Posts

23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm going to guess that they don't think it's necessary. They're not expecting questions that rudimentary, and if you get something complex or complicated, it wouldn't help you. I also suspect that the PR people who advise these nominees tell them they'd look silly pulling a little book out and referring to it. Maybe, but it's much better than the alternative of just looking confused and dumb.

Ultimately, this lady just isn't qualified to be a federal judge. I'm not going to call her dumb. She has been an assistant attorney general, an administrative law judge, and superior court judge, but that's all at the state law and state court level stuff. She clearly has little or no federal court practice or experience, and it shows. Not judging that. My federal court practice? One hearing in a federal bankruptcy court on a matter that impacted a case of mine, so I'm not qualified either. However, I could have answered those questions, because I'm not completely brain-dead about the federal system. Furthermore, I'm not asking to be confirmed as a federal district court judge.

• Like Like x 1
  24. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I didn't watch it, I admit it. But, was this his first question, or was she struggling so badly that he was basically lobbing a softball even though he's on the other side? As in, "Geez, she has to know this."

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

He should have just followed up with “are you familiar with a document called the Constitution?”

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It was his first question. The hearing involved a handful of judicial nominees for district court, and that's what he chose to ask her. He came back later and asked her what the Independent State Legislature Theory was. That's a lot more inside, but that issue is before the Supreme Court right now. If she follows the Court, she'd at least have some idea.

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I get that, but that actually isn't his style. Part of the funny thing about Kennedy is that unless the person is being a total jackass, he's not combative or belligerent. He's not like Ted Cruz, who's looking to be an intimidating cross-examiner pretty much all the time. Instead, he wins by charm and simplicity.

28. horninchicago

But, as you said, and really, no offense, it doesn't take a lawyer here to figure it out, it is something basic any lawyer should know.

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Certainly on the Article II and V questions. Even if you're exclusively a state court judge, you should know that. For comparison, he asked another nominee who was also strictly a state court judge about Chevron deference (much harder question), and he pretty much gave a textbook answer. There's no reason why a state court attorney or judge shouldn't have at least a basic understanding of federal law and practice, especially if he or she wants to be a federal judge.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. horninchicago

But alas, there will be no cries from the media for her to withdraw, and she will be on the bench.

• Agree Agree x 2