Jordan Effing Spieth

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by blonthang, Jun 21, 2015.

1. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Hook 'em.

That is all.

• Like Like x 5
  2. snek

snek 500+ Posts

:hookem::hookem::hookem::bevo::bevo::bevo::texasflag::texasflag::texasflag::bow::bow::bow::yippee::yippee::yippee::bounce1::bounce1::bounce1::bounce2::bounce2::bounce2::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::hookem::hookem::hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  3. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

Was out all day. Nice news. What a stud. :hookem:

4. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. 56 Bells

56 Bells 500+ Posts

Wasn't that fantastic!!! I think Jordan was as shocked as most of the viewers upon watching the 18th hole.
    What an accomplishment!
    Hook'em!

6. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

7. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Gonna be some serious TV watching, worldwide, of The Open (aka British Open) on the 3rd Friday of July.

Spieth is in select air right now; could get into really rarefied air depending upon his 2015 play in The Open and PGA.

FYI, the "modern" golf majors, since the start of the Masters in 1934, are always played in order each year: Masters, U.S. Open, The Open, PGA Championship.

No one has ever won the Grand Slam, if defined as winning all four in a single calendar year.

Tiger won the U.S. Open, The Open, and PGA Championship in one year (2001), then won the next year's (2002) first tournament, the Masters, making him the holder of all 4 titles at once, the only one to ever do that --- it's referred to as a "Tiger Slam."

Sarazen, Hogan, Player, Nicklaus, and Woods have career slams (won all 4 at ANY time), with Nicklaus and Woods having THREE career slams, winning all 4 majors 3 times each!!

Noted pros with 3 all-time majors, but missing one for their career include (golfer, total major wins, missing win):

Hagen, 11, Masters
    Trevino, 6, Masters
    McIlroy, 4, Masters
    Snead, 7, US Open
    Mickelson, 5, US Open
    Watson, 8, PGA Championship
    Palmer, 7, PGA Champsionship

The only 6 golfers noted in the graphic above who have won the Masters and then the US Open to start the year are Wood (1941), Hogan (twice, 1951, 1952), Palmer (1960), Nicklaus (1972), Woods (2002). and now, one young Mister Jordan Spieth, all of 21 years of youth. Hogan, Palmer, Nicklaus, and Woods ---- that's some pretty good list of names to be included with when noting accomplishments.

Looks like the next few years, barring injury or other misfortune, we could be watching McIlroy v. Spieth highlight reels, with sidebars of Lefty (Mickelson) trying a couple more years to get that elusive US Open title to get his career slam.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  8. NB_LONGHORN

NB_LONGHORN 500+ Posts

DJ will see that 3 putt replayed in his mind for the rest of his life. It was even more agonizing after a great approach shot and the birdie on 17.

9. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

/\

that, and he must have missed 4 other putts inside 10 feet on sunday

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

So did Speith.

11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Congrats Justin......according to Patterson. What a tool.

• Like Like x 2
  12. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Congrats to Justin, uh I mean Jordan.... I apologize for the ready, fire, aim response of the vaunted UT AD Mr. Shawn Patterson.

:hookem::texasflag::yippee: We are so proud of you Jordan - congratulations from the Horn Nation!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  13. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

He will win them all! Hook 'em Jordan!

14. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Majors are all about surviving the tough conditions and the pressure. Nobody manages their game better than Jordan Spieth. He has great talent, but so do several others, some with even more talent, it's his game management that separates him from them.

Never seen anybody so young, with such a good head on his shoulders. He knows every aspect of each shot, it's fascinating to listen to him and his caddy talk between shots. He gets upset, but quickly settles himself back down.

On top of his success, he is a great person, who seems to always say and do the right things on and off the course. He is the best professional sports ambassador for Texas since probably Earl.

• Like Like x 3
  15. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Well said! But Colt is pretty good too.

16. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Win 'em all Jordan! Hook 'em!

17. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

I mean as the total package, the success he has already had, as a professional and being good off the course as well.

Earl had that kind of early success and kept it up to the NFL Hall of Fame and was also good off the field.

Colt hasn't had that kind of success professionally that Earl and now Jordan have.

Jordan should keep on being successful, unless injured somehow, it would seem.

• Like Like x 1
  18. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Colt has never had a chance! I just hope his day on the field comes(soon).

19. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Back on task-go Jordan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Sows

Sows < 25 Posts

Well put blonthang. Appreciate seeing those stats. I love golf and golfers tend to be good guys. Jordan is wise beyond his years... mature, humble etc. He's great for golf and sports in general.

The Open is gonna be great, I expect most amateurs to be pulling for Spieth like it's a triple crown on the line. It's actually even bigger than that.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

He makes me care about golf.

• Like Like x 2
  22. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Golf is a difficult game to like, unless your a masochist.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I wouldn’t go that far but I’m rooting for the young Longhorn.

24. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

I loved playing Muni while at Texas when I should have been in class. Now it seems I never have or never take the time to play any more.

It is great to see Spieth playing so well after the success he had here in his short stay. Just like the days when Leonard was consistently near the top. And barely, for me, remembering Gentle Ben but always admiring him and his legendary status. Kite was also killing it. That one US Open in '92 was brutal: http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tom-kite-won-1992-us-open-pebble-beach-hard-way

It is truly awesome to have Spieth getting it done now. I look forward to MOAR!

25. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

Got a chance to keep it going--so bring it home Monday, Jordan!!:hookem:

26. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

They even know the Eyes of Texas at St. Andrews. That was pretty cool to see/hear yesterday.

27. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Hook 'Em Jordan!:hookem:

28. shaggy refuge

shaggy refuge 500+ Posts

Keep your head up, Jordan! Hook 'em Horns!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a ride its been.

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

30. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

He's a bad dude :hookem: