Just give Tebow the stupid Heisman...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by trueut2003, Oct 18, 2009.

1. trueut2003

trueut2003 250+ Posts

...so we can all get on with our lives. I am so sick of hearing about how gutsy he is, and how all he does is win, and he's such a leader.

If Tebow had played the exact same game Colt did yesterday, he would solidify his Heisman status due to his tough resolve in getting the win, and leading his team to victory, and making a game-saving tackle after an almost-pick six.

It's just such ********, and I'm sick of it. The Heisman has become as irrelevant as the Nobel Peace Prize. [​IMG]

2. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

...or Clausen

3. UT Longhorn

UT Longhorn 500+ Posts

True. Don't be surprised when Tebow WINS the Nobel Peace Prize some day. [​IMG]

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Any time somebody mentions the name Tebow and Heisman in the same sentence, it glows and gets a little bit warm. Tears weep from the eyes of the statue and metal tears weep from Tebow's eyes. They package these up, make jewelry from them and donate the funds to any lepers that Tebow has not yet healed.

5. adUTleander

adUTleander 250+ Posts

I actually have alot of respect for Clausen after the way hes performed this year. It doesnt hurt that hes throwing to possibly the most talented wr in football in golden tate, but either way hes really impressed me.

Tebow on the other hand....

6. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

I like seeing UT quarterbacks who were unfairly stiffed strike Heisman poses with the crystal football while the actual Heisman winner pouts on the way to the locker room. Maybe it's just me.

7. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

8. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

I dont think anyone denies he's a good player, the leader of his team, and a decent person. I think most people are just sick of everyone talking about it... for the past 3 seasons. ESPN was all up on his jock when he was a freshman getting situational playing time.

9. The Greatest

The Greatest 500+ Posts

that's the thing, it's not just that tebow gets attention, it's that he's been getting it since plowing into the line like a fullback as a freshman and it's been such over the top attention, from seemingly all corners of the media, that it has generated much more disdain that just the typical guy who gets love from the media.

in fact, i was actually listening to a florida game a few weeks ago where one announcer said it was surprising to remember that tebow didn't start his freshman year when they won the national title, that it was actually chris leak. my jaw fell to the floor. in a few years, i won't be surprised if it's just widely written/assumed that tebow was the starter and leak isn't just basically erased from that team. add on winning a heisman as a sophomore on a 9-4 team (two fairly strong heisman taboos that the great tebow was allowed to overcome), the whole "speech" thing (i'm not sure why vince never gave a great speech after losing to an also-ran at home as a junior...oh wait), and the fact that it looks like they'll even break the other heisman taboo (nobody is allowed to win a 2nd heisman any more) for the great tebow, and it's just too much.

10. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

They should just decide not to award it this year, since no one is worthy. Like Lou Holtz says there is no #1 team this year.

11. hookemtrav

hookemtrav < 25 Posts

I would say the Alabama running back is now in the lead after yesterday's performance. Take him away and Alabama will find it hard to score points - something they already struggle with at times.

All of the top 3 teams - Florida, Alabama and Texas - have been playing some ugly offense lately. But the Ds are nasty!

12. musubi

musubi 100+ Posts

mark ingram, yes. it's his to lose. if jimmy clausen wins, i'll [​IMG] .

13. Desert__Scar

Desert__Scar 100+ Posts

I actually think it will go to Colt or Tebow if they keep there teams undefeated. I am pretty sure both players will have better games.

This Heisman will go down to the last 2 weeks, last impressions will matter and Colt/Tebow's first 6 games will be forgotten.

If Texas and Florida lose than it is a Heisman scramble.