Justin Mason to Start vs OSU

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Truck's Son, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

2. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

Agreed, I'd like to see a blow out tonight and get our swagger back!

3. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

Handler, you're right. We need to get that confidence and swagger back. I saw someone on another thread predicting a possible 8-8 conference finish. That just seems depressing to me to even think about such a mediocre conference run after the way we started the season.

I still think this team has the ability to make a run for the conference championship and a 1 or 2 seed in the tourny. Obviously Kansas is going to be the clear favorite, but other than them there isn't a game on the schedule that I don't think we can win.

In my opinion, the play of Justin Mason could drastically alter (positively or negatively) the course of the remainder of the season.

4. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

5. bierce

bierce 1,000+ Posts

Well, considering how little production has come from Johnson, I'm not surprised.

Of course, OSU's most prolific three point shooters are 6'6", 6'5", 6'5", and 6'9". On the bright side, Harris doesn't make very many.

On the other hand, I still have nightmares over Harris and Martin hitting 12 of 20 for KSU in Austin last year.

6. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

Mason had a great game. I hope he can keep that up.

Ron Franklin brought up an interesting story. Said that Barnes asked the assistant coaches what changed when we were beating good teams and it was Atchley/Mason. And considering that we don't ask much from them it really comes down to getting constant effort and focus.

7. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

His offensive rebounds were ginormous tonight. Had a couple of lazy passes, but those are the kind of things that should be corrected in practice.

8. DAGMAR

DAGMAR 250+ Posts

If he gets out of his shooting funk, he will be a big piece of this team in March

9. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

We don't win this game tonight without Mason's production. Both he and Atchley had great games, although Connor didn't play as well in the 2nd half. Hopefully Gary Johnson will start to show some consistency and start to contribute like he has the ability to.