Karen Aston Interview - 06/26/2019

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, Jun 27, 2019.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Last season was certainly not up to Texas' standards. Coach A rattled a list of factors that contributed to the disappointing season. The trajectory of Coach A's tenure is certainly downward looking and next season in my opinion is a make or break season for the program. I'm tired of seeing us underperform against baylor and losing to teams Texas shouldn't be losing to. Coach A's reputation in the lines of Holly Warlick isn't something to be proud of. It's time to step it up and truly challenge for the conference champions.

As others have pointed out, Coach A needs to make adjustments in her coaching philosophy. If she wont change, she wont grow, and the program will continue to stagnate.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

If the team remains healthy I think they’ll have a great year. My only question is how
    Coach Aston showed adjustments and did things defensively that we hadn’t seen from her before so I think that she’s shown improvement there. Offensively is the area where she needs grow and change ASAP. The health of Lashann is very important and we’re also going to need quality production from Charlie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Karen Aston at today’s Dallas Wings game.

5. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

She is definitely saying all the right things! :bevo::bevo:

6. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Man I sure hope Coach can pull it all together this season. She talks a good game but now it's time to show it. BU is going to be extremely tough to beat this year.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

No different than any other year. But the reality is that Texas won’t beat Baylor until Coach Aston evolves some what offensively.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Thanks for the link. I enjoy the image of Coach Aston looking relaxed and like she is having a good time. A bit different from the intense coach I am used to seeing on game days!

9. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Yet, I'd say the key to Baylor's offensive success is more execution than innovation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Agreed. But with Texas I think it’s a combination of rigid offense/ lack of execution.