Katy area migas please?

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by Dionysus, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I was just reading another thread on here and somebody mentioned migas and I was like: boom! ******* migas I want some.

I used to get 'em at Trudy's and Las Manitas and elsewhere and now I live in Katy and want some real migas. Anybody know where? I'll drive into Houston if I have to.

Migas.

2. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

Dion,
    I have no idea there... but this thread title made me think I want Migas as well! I am drinking a Shiner Spring Ale... I LOVE migas and beer! I like Red River Cafe's.

3. pneuma

pneuma 25+ Posts

Katy yo no se. Jim Goode's Tacqueria on Kirby is where I routinely take Austinite devotees of Cisco's & Juan-in-a-Mil, etc. Served Sat. & Sun. 'til noon only.

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Pneuma, thanks for the suggestion. I'm gonna check out Goode's.

THEU, sometimes you just get a hankering for something like that, right?

I think it's also part nostalgia for Austin, but damn: migas. I told my wife I was needing a fix and she ran to the store and got all the fixin's and just crushed it yesterday morning. She's a great cook so this is no surprise. She also made fresh pico de gallo to throw on top and I was all: hell to the yes, girlfriend. I'm about to drool on my laptop now so I'll stop.

5. Horny Ringman

Horny Ringman 250+ Posts

Mama's cafe on westheimer. Have u tried place in old Katy on left if you're heading west toward KHS? I get tacos there. It is authentic. Have to have migas. Can't think of name. It is right before strip center with snappy's and Midway.

6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Thanks Ringman, adding those to my list. Haven't been to Mama's in a few years.

7. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

Not sure if Los Altos de Jalisco has migas, but the rest of their stuff is decent, and it's in "old Katy."

8. Horny Ringman

Horny Ringman 250+ Posts

And if you go in to town, el tiempo has HUGE plate of Migas on weekend breakfast menu.

9. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

What is a miga?

10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Migas: a mexican dish of scrambled eggs with bits of sauteed corn tortillas, cheese, onions, tomatoes, peppers and whatever else you want to throw in there. It is magnificent.

[​IMG]

11. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

12. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Do other foods not result in turds for you george?

13. TigerPride

TigerPride 1,000+ Posts

Looks muy delicioso! Like an omelet sorta......