Kelsey Bone's rumored top five

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Aug 7, 2008.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

per the espn board and Soonertimes, Kelsey has named her top five on her facebook page. Supposedly, they are Texas, OU,Tenn, UConn and one of Rutgers, S.Cal, or S. Carolina.

2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'd be surprised if 3 of her 5 are not UConn, Southern Cal, and Texas.

The other 2 should come from Georgia, North Carolina, and Maryland, IMO.

3. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Moooooo,
    Just curious where you got your projections? You often know a lot of inside stuff. I haven't followed Kelsey closely, but from the things I've read, it seemed pretty obvious that UConn and Texas are among her top 5. Does she have California connections? Connections to Georgia and the 2 ACC schools? I would have guessed Tennessee would be a top 5. Just wondering...

4. blueag09

blueag09 250+ Posts

sure A&M is not in the mix?

5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

JoeDallas,

Here is/was my rationale for the schools i listed:

1) A couple of years ago, there seemed to be a constant 6 schools in the running for Kelsey: Texas, Georgia, North Carolina, Maryland, Tennessee and Southern Cal; there were even "rumors" on some ACC boards that UNC was the team to beat

2) UConn entered the picture last year, and seemed to vault to the top.

3) Texas has always been in the picture; Ashley Gayle was her teammate on West Coast Elite last summer. She's said she loves Texas and Coach G, and has been in attendance for many Texas games.

4) USC has the Gilbreath sisters and some other players who were also on West Coast Elite with Kelsey

5) I did't think Tennessee would remain in the picture due to their many post players

But, there's a post on John Altavilla's blog where he states that Kelsey has narrowed her list down to Texas, UConn, Tennessee, Rutgers, and Oklahoma. There are no quotes from Kelsey, so can't be sure he heard that straight from her:

The Link

If those 5 are her finalists, it's pretty interesting that Nikki Green, Cokie Reed, and Kelsey Bone all list Texas and Rutgers. Reed also lists OU, LSU, and South Carolina, while Green has Penn State and LSU to round out her top 4.

For the Aggie fan who asked about A&M's involvement with Bone, I really haven't heard they were a legit player; but, who knows for sure until we hear it from Bone's mouth?

6. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Thanks, Moooooo --- That's interesting info. Good to hear that she, Reed, and Green all may be interested in UT. I have high hopes for at least 1 of them and conceivably 2. I read somewhere (Hoopgurlz?) that Reed has us and LSU as her top 2 at the moment? It's sounding good.

7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

from the Georgia board, the top five for Kelsey are supposed to be Illinois, Texas, Texas A&M, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Supposedly, the poster (tyree02) got the info from Kelsey herself.

All I know, is that I'm happy that Texas still seems to be in the mix.

8. bularry

bularry 250+ Posts

i've heard Bone big lean to UConn, take it for what its worth, which isn't much.