Kendall Briles: True Colors

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by yelladawgdem, Dec 22, 2018.

1. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Houston OC had been holding the Coogs hostage for weeks wanting a three year extension, which he got. This afternoon, his offensive mastery was on full display in Fort Worth as UH was laid out by Army 70-14.

Within four hours he gave Major his resignation and is going to be the new OC at Florida State. What a great fit. Scum is as scum does.

Sorry Major, but when you lay down with dogs.......
    :deadhorse:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Hopefully Major was ready for this.

3. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Wonder if Brile's sleazy *** agent gets a piece of both signed contracts??

:coolnana:

4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Major ain't on firm footing in the Third Ward. Briles new contract paid him $500,000 a year.

Taggert won't last long in Tallahassee except for the fact that FSU doesn't have the money to buy him out. I think Kendall made the right choice picking FSU over Tennessee, although it might have propelled him to HC of the Browns

5. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

You can take scum out of the pond, but it will still be scum. Perfect place for Briles.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Not a good to be Major A. Army threw 4 passes and completed all 4. They ran for 507 yards.
    Wonder if Tillman still thinks Cougar Hi belongs in the big 12 and that we are afraid to have them in the conference?

• Like Like x 2
  7. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Maybe Army belongs in the Big 12?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Kendal beat PNG almost by himself in the state championship.
    Played a lot as a freshman for Mack.
    I had high hopes for him as a Longhorn

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Kendall destroyed PNG with Kendall at QB, and playing safety he made Dustin Long look like an 8th grade kid in his first game.

The kid is a far better football mind than Major, a better developer of talent, and a far better evaluator of talent.

I hate that he got caught up in the crap at Baylor, and I do not know fully the extent of his involvement, but I'd hire him in a second, put him on a short leash, and win win win.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

He didn’t just get caught up in it. He was a very active participant. Read up on it. Did you know they have a lot of a certain type of women at Baylor?

11. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

And they really like a certain, sporting, kind of man.

Dude may have been a Mack recruit, but he's also Briles' son. Which is gross.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

May be a voidable contract, depending on the terms and conditions. But who knows? At least UH is rid of that scum bag and the stain it leaves.

13. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

Personally I don't think he, his father, nor any member of that Baylor staff for that matter should be eligible for hire at any level in football until the case is fully resolved with all facts laid bare. Unfortunately it all comes down to the last three words you typed... which is how Baylor ended up with a bunch of gang raping thugs in the first place.

Doesn't look great for Major right now... especially if Houston is as serious about 10 win seasons as they seem to think they are.

14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm not absolving any of the Briles clan or other coaches because I don't have all the facts, and likely never will.

I am Baptist, and my pastor was on the BOR, as were a couple of friends. I was warning them in the early 90s about the steroid abuse and coke/crack problem in their athletic department. Nobody wanted to hear it. It's a Baptist thing - "nothing is wrong, it's just not as right as we'd like for it to be".

How many other schools killed a football player and covered it up? How the hell can they violate state law and nobody investigates? That was before Briles got there.

I'm saying the culture of "win regardless of costs" was well in place long before Briles arrived, yet the real culprits go completely untouched. WHY?

So, I refuse to believe the "National Enquirer reports" and/or anything ESPN spews to increase ratings.

There were hideous things that happened in McLennan County on numerous occasions, which ruined people's lives. These are crimes, unpunished crimes for the most part, but great percentages should fall at the feet of people outside the athletic department who walk around with the "I never knew; how could I know" version of the story.

• Like Like x 1
  15. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

That's the part the bothers me the most, Sabre, because I feel exactly the same way. I mean does anyone truly believe justice, transparency, and accountability will prevail here? The outcome of this case is going to strongly affect my future support and belief in college football as a whole.

• Like Like x 1
  16. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

No offense Sabre .. As far as Briles is concerned, I couldn't care less about the rest of what you typed. As far as Briles is concerned, he was wrapped up in, and implicated in, some nasty ****.

And that's where I keep him categorized until he is exonerated.

17. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

What you just described is happening at every school in the country. Not just athletics, not just public, but even at places like Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Duke and every religious university out there. The only schools I haven't heard of things like this has been the academies. But I'm sure they have their own issues they deal with on a regular basis only they handle it internally.

18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

The academies had it long before Baylor and within a few weeks of going coed.