Keyes OUT at 1st, Back to RF ...

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Barton Hills, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Barton Hills

Barton Hills 1,000+ Posts

Looooove this decision by Augie. Does the following three things:

* gets us a more solid 1st baseman (Tant Shepherd)
    * allows both Tant and Moldenhauer (DH) to be fixtures in the line-up
    * no offense, but takes Kyle Lusson out of the line-up

Negatives:
    * we'll likely see Keyes getting pulled late for a defensive replacement

Is it next Friday yet?

The Link

2. JMarq05

JMarq05 25+ Posts

Love the move as well. Adds a bit more beef to the lineup.

Can't wait for the season to start!

[​IMG]

3. Barton Hills

Barton Hills 1,000+ Posts

A "bit" is an understatement. I expect great things from Tant this year. Augie says he worked harder than anyone in the off-season.

The middle of our line-up will be wicked ... Keyes, Rupp, Moldenhauer, Shepherd, Rowe.

4. InRightField

InRightField 100+ Posts

Is Keyes 21 yet? Be nice to have our right fielder continue the tradition, started by the great Kyle Russell, of having a post-game beer with the Right Field crew.

5. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

Glad to hear this. I was wondering about Tant in another thread. Although, I have to also wonder why not Tant in the OF and KK at 1B. I do like the upside in the "thunder" dept. [​IMG]

6. adUTleander

adUTleander 250+ Posts

7. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

Kevin will turn 21 on March 15th

8. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

granted pulling folks for defensive reason's worked out well until we played somebody else that could hit (LSU) and then they stormed back and we had zero offense to keep up with.
    I trust Augie but I hope he doesn't do that again in Omaha.

9. orangeblack&gold

orangeblack&gold 500+ Posts

"....I hope he doesn't do that again in Omaha."

That's what I love about being a Texas Baseball Fan, we don't start playing until next week and we're already discussing what Coach needs to be considering WHEN we get to Omaha.

WHEN, Tigger. [​IMG]

10. torre

torre 250+ Posts

- Being a starter will give Tant more confidence instead of being a pinch hitter as he mostly was last year.

- Hopefully, John Biggs, the 1B freshman walk-on from FW Arlington Hts, can contribute if needed.

- Are Moldenhauer , Kevin Lusson (switch hitter), and Maitland the only left handed batters? If so, there could only be one left handed batter in the starting lineup (Lusson)

- Augie's statement about the opening day lineup changing is so true. Michael Torres did not start opening day last year and had a super, outstanding year. We are going to miss "The Duffel Bag Boy" (his at bat song)

11. iowahorn11

iowahorn11 100+ Posts

12. torre

torre 250+ Posts

Good, Maitland and Walsh shoud be "salty" lefty pinch hitters providing neither starts. Not familiar with DeSantiago.

13. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

So the net sum of this move is that we get Shepherd in the line-up over Lusson and put Keyes back to a position where he is more comfortable?? Yeah, I'm for this.