Kicking game checklist..............

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LousianaHorn, Sep 22, 2019.

1. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

Billy Dale posted this up on Facebook..........Saint Darrell's kicking pre game checklist...........Coach Herman needs to revisit and apply!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Punt Return “C”

3. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I’m going to go out on a limb and speculate that none of us have ever seen a meltdown at Texas in the punt return game in our lifetimes like we watched last night. We muffed two and were very fortunate that a third didn’t result in a turnover. We put on a clinic: How not to operate that phase of the game.

We have a problem but I suspect that it will be fixed well before WV. In fact, it might already be fixed. I have a feeling that whoever drops back in two weeks will be laser focused like never before.

And we won the game... Perhaps our good fortune bodes well for the rest of the season. Let’s hope so.

• Like Like x 1
  4. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

What happened yesterday is a bad year much less a game. Last time I can remember we did something like this was when we lost to Arky 42-11 after dismantling OU the week before and being ranked #1. I think we fumbled 2 kick off returns if I remember that game right. Traveled all the way to Fayetville and left in the 3rd quarter. Fortunately this outcome was different.

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

They screwed up two KO returns as well!

6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

NC State 1999.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

The problem was COACHING.....
    The first punt with :54 before the half and OSU having only 2 timeouts... Return man should not have been back there at all...NO NEED for it......
    Same thing with the punt with 4 minutes left and a 13 point lead....So what if the ball rolls 20 yards....that would give us the ball at the 20 at worst.....DUMB COACHING plain and simple....
    WTH was #50 I think doing anywhere near the ball on the other punt ?????
    The on-side kick : Why the heck is #57 in there ? Why is he going for the ball when it was headed toward Epps and the DB that recovered it ????? He should have gone and hit the first OSU threat coming......Epps or the DB then could have just fallen on the ball with no contact on that play....