Kickoff Times

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by easy, May 30, 2019.

1. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Why is Rice on cbssn never heard of that channel

3. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

4. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

CBS Sports Network which is Conference USA's Network. The home team gets to pick the network.

5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

GAWD, I HATE 11 AM KICKOFF TIME FOR ou sucks!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

It is Rice vs TX.

7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

At NRG in Houston (Rice is the home team).

8. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Im saying the 6pm slot is available because the match ups that day including OU v UCLA - FOX, TT v AZ -ESPN, Bama v SC - CBS, TCU v Pur - BTN, FSU v VA - ACC, Clem v Syr - ABC, KSU v MSSt - ESPN, ASt v MSt - FOX, take up most of the 11 am, 2:30 and 7pm slots on major channels. Plus GA, tOSU, PSU, ND, OkSt, Stan, AU and Tamu are all playing similiar OOC opponents.

If it were a more compelling match up it would be national. It may be the best CBSSN match up of the day.

Example Stanford at UCF is picked up by ABC, ESPN not AAC network.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I understand, but the networks do not see it the same way we do. Stanford/UCF does have some national interest. The game is at NRG and not at Rice Stadium as an accommodation to Texas.

10. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

And I would point out that for what it is worth, all of our games are going to be on broadcast television. Mean while, for all of the hype, Heisman's and glamour of the program in Norman, for the second straight year they will have a home game available on PPV only.

So CBSSN looks pretty good to me. Just sayin.....

:bevo::texasflag::ousucks: