Kitty Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Buck-Horn, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Michael Green

Michael Green 25+ Posts

I actually have been to both...LSU fans are the worse...what makes LSU worse is their fans are horrible, and their players follow suit.

2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Tom has gone the JC route for DEs and LBs. I’d be looking for a couple of JC lock-down corners.

3. Horn hubby

Horn hubby 500+ Posts

I agree. Even Bama isn’t Bama without a little luck over the years.... a couple of plays go different and it’s all different for either team...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

After last night's loss to LSU, Texas is now 38-20-2 (0.650) All-Time against the SEC

• Like Like x 3
  5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Well, if you changed it to “...against teams in the SEC”, we could add our massive win margins against the ags and the swine...:coolnana:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I think Tom wanted to go mano y mano and knock those defenders off the line and let Sam bulldoze his way in. That has worked in previous games but not this time.
    Their secondary is better than ours on the corners but definitely not perfect. We got touchdowns on them and they had about 4 or 5 interference penalties
    Yeah I like that jump pass to the tight end also.
    Sam is definitely not a pure passer. I think Chaisson is mostly right about Sam.
    LSU wrs was a tough test for our dbs and the QB like Burrows definitely added to the problem with good passing. I admire the way he throws the ball before the receivers make their cuts. That's what the pros do. Sam throws it when our guys get open, that's not the best way. I wonder if we can learn from lsu's example.
    Rashon was a pleasant surprise. What a team player!

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  7. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I doubt if their is an animal as a JC lock down corner

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There is a kid in high school in Arizona right now who fits the bill - Kelee Ringo --- who is one of those beastly man cover CBs we seek and probably college ready as a high school senior. It's a tough road to land him, but we are in the race.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They hate us more than they love themselves.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

CBS guy

• Hot Hot x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  11. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Well that was a fun game for me to watch. Cheering and screaming and frustration I was tired.

Overall, our weaknesses (thin RB depth and vulnerable CBs) were exposed. But we're playing from ahead, not from behind, if 1) Ingram doesn't drop the pass, 2) better play calling on 1st and goal through 4th and goa.. .l twice, and 3) better clock management to end the half. Against very good teams, that won't do.

We must get more depth at RB and CB.

That inside kick was almost allsome

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

If he’s not the primary receiver he occasionally makes an outstanding play. Throw him a deep ball where he’s well covered and he loses most of the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

But we are still improving, but that is not good enough for you?

You should go to be an Alabama fan.

14. BurntOrangeLH

Looking at his elevation, I think his hamstring was a little worse than we thought.

But you will never hear a peep from him.

• Like Like x 2
  15. BurntOrangeLH

I think he was a 3 Star. Definitely a good evaluation.

16. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

On edit: unless USC hires Leach. Then all bets are off and instant success is a real possibility.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. BurntOrangeLH

I would think if players are "lock down corners," they are not on JC rosters very often. If they are, they are probably academic risks.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  18. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

What’s Robinson doing these days? I wonder if he’s too old to come in as a defensive consultant again to give us a little help...

(Not sarcasm)

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. BurntOrangeLH

And he knows he most likely can come in and start with an elite DB group around him.

20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

That may be right the vast majority of the time. But, as with other positions, there are some JC players out there who mature late, were overlooked, were misevaluated, or came from unheralded programs and flew under the radar.

21. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

First time to DKR since CDC came on board. First, tremendous job on the new game day activities.

Needs improvement:

1) some money is needed to improve/increase concessions and bathrooms in the upper deck.

2) why do the cheerleaders not do Texas Fight during the game?

22. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

My first time being in the presence of LSU fans in a game setting and I sat next to some drunk idiots

• Funny Funny x 2
  23. anteater1973

anteater1973 25+ Posts

Guess we can (should) retire the DBU T-shirt’s now. Torched!

• Funny Funny x 2
  24. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Another question is why were our tight ends underutilized. You can't tell me they can't find a soft spot behind the linebackers a la Jason Whitten for a first down every once in a while.

• Hot Hot x 2
  25. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Honestly though that was a really great 4th quarter by both quarterbacks

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

I agree wholeheartedly we are the most complete team in the Big12. Only our results on field will determine if we are truly the best...as you know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

For what its worth... I came away with same impression as Michael.

28. Michael Green

Michael Green 25+ Posts

Their DBs weren’t much better.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  29. Michael Green

Michael Green 25+ Posts

Two holes in our game...Running Back and DBs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Beating OU twice to get in the playoffs is definitely doable, it's just going to be tough.

• Like Like x 2