Klinsmann hired...

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DeadHeadHorn, Jan 11, 2008.

1. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

Wait for it Napolean...wait for it...

...by Bayern

Curious to see what kind of results he gets with a pro team that plays week in and week out. His German team played very entertaining football and scored lots of goals, but up until the World Cup his record wasn't all that impressive. One thing's for sure - he knows how to get Lucas Podolski to play.

Can't say I watch much Bundesliga, but I'll definitely try and catch a few games once Klinsi is manager.

2. TexonLongIsland

TexonLongIsland 2,500+ Posts

hopefully this will stop the rumors that he's going to replace Rafa.

3. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

Let's just say that some of those "Rumors" came from EXTREMELY well connected sources. DHH is right, I'm pretty f'ing surprised. [​IMG]

I also think that the more the Bundesliga hires Big Names (both international players and "name" coaches), the better it is for their TV rights. Literally, NO ONE on here was talking about the Bundesliga before Toni (?) signed with Bayern last year. Having grown up watching "Soccer Made In Germany" on Saturday afternoons in Big D, I like this.

That being said, I have a question or two for someone who doesn't visit this board.

[​IMG]

4. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

so is he moving his family back to Germany?

5. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Yay, Bayern Hollywood is my main team to root for in the B'liga. Hertha is another.

6. DeadHeadHorn

DeadHeadHorn 500+ Posts

7. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

And it's snide comments like THIS that are the reason that you don't get the word about soccer in Santa Monica until it is WAY past when you could set your alarm for a 10:00am kickoff.

[​IMG]