KSU - really need this one if team is going to a bowl

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by beijinghorn1, Oct 1, 2017.

1. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

For me this is a must win game. Texas will have a very difficult time beating OU, TCU, and WVU (road game in Morgantown). KU is the only "easy" win remaining.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

KU should be winnable, he said hopefully and without much sarcasm

• Like Like x 3
  3. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Yep, I've been saying the same thing to others, but it isn't going to be easy with most our OL sitting in a doctor's office. And we won't be facing a QB as dumb as Park.

4. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

Yes. It seems like after every game I am somewhat more confused about the team. The defense is definitely showing up. I'm hoping this is the game where the offense shows up, too. We're definitely going to need that in October.

5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

And OSU.

6. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

Where have I heard that before?

7. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

The defense is better - we will know how much the evening of 14 October.

The offense is about as bad as it can get since it doesn't matter who is at QB if there isn't an OL; a running game; and receivers who run patterns and think that is all they have to do. "O" coaches are going to have to adapt even if it isn't the offense they want to run.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'd say there are zero games left that don't fit this description. I'm not totally sure Kansas will be a cakewalk, either. It's definitely the easiest remaining, but I just don't see this team blowing anyone out at this point. We're going to be white-knuckling the rest of the season, I'm afraid!

• Like Like x 1
  9. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

We are going to slap the wizard hat off of that old man Saturday.

Our offense gets better. Carter gets more touches. Boo has big day against single coverage.
    Our defense gets better. Hopefully working this week on tackling drills on a big QB.

Our team is starting to get IT. I have yet to see our boys not give 100% until the final gun.

We are going to fun watching the Horn's play Saturday night !

• Like Like x 2
  10. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

K State has never been a defense that was content to sit back in coverage and rush three - although I may be misremembering. Unless they change things up, more blitzes (if we don't just leak like a strainer) will help Shane make quicker decisions, be more purposeful with the ball, and ultimately I think will help him play better. He's a much better player when he just pulls the trigger instead of thinking too much.

The main concern is that we don't have a good history of handling K State's d-line, and I'm very concerned they're going to physically pull Shane's head from his body at some point. Which granted will be a 15-yard penalty, but I think it will ultimately hurt his ability to find open receivers with his head sitting in a cooler on the bench somewhere.

I would be very surprised if their offense poses any problems consistently. I expect they'll make some runs early on, we'll make some adjustments and start shutting things down. This one's going to be all about field position and kick coverage. (*gulp*)

• Like Like x 1
  11. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

I hope your right because I’m making a down and back trip from dfw on Saturday and driving back from a loss will damper my spirits