KSU @ Texas 12/31/2022

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Dec 30, 2022.

1. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 9
  2. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

With the game not in doubt since somewhere in the second quarter, I had enjoyed myself focusing on different players and aspects of the game. I loved watching Rori Harmon. By far the best, the most complete point guard I have watched play for Texas since I moved to Austin in 1995. And Vic says she has another level!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

The game was really fun to watch, we are playing well right now. Everyone seems to be playing their best ball of the season. 7 wins in a row, and up to RPI #12!

Hadi is doing a terrific job of holding down the post in Taylors absence, hopefully we can get her back soon. Sonya has the highest 3P% in the conference at 44% but her minutes are going to drop more and more throughout B12 play because she is such a terrible defender, worse than Matharu last year. She gets beat or loses her man at some point in every single possession. Every single one.

i knew we would win but I’m not sure I expected a 50 point blowout. It was the biggest win over Kst in school history! Kansas States official Twitter didn’t even post a score update after halftime.

They are really missing Ayoka Lee and without Gabby Gregory in the floor either they don’t have a true scorer. Gabby will return soon but I still expect them to finish at the bottom of B12 with Tech and TCU.

on to face TCU on Wednesday. Hook ‘em

• Like Like x 1
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I see Gisella in the middle of photo as players come out to celebrate with Anissa

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

The only other point guard I would put up there with Rori is Kamie Ethridge.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

I agree about Rori. And she's a sophomore! Vic is the reason she is here. They are philosophical soulmates and she has stated she came here because she wanted to play for him. It's been quite the symbiotic relationship. She will help his team excel and his influence will help her maximize her potential. I'm feeling pretty positive about Texas Women's basketball right now. (Confession - I have watched the Anissa video posted by cnb at least 10 times now)

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

I never saw Ethridge play. My spouse talks about what a great player she was. Also says (admiringly) that Kamie was the original Queen of Flop.

8. Sangre Naranjada

Kamie was a great floor General, as Rori is. As for a skills comparison and contrast between the two, it's been too long for me to clearly recall Kamie's particular skill set, but I do know that, like Rori, when you watched her you knew she was the alpha player on the floor.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Me, too...each time with tears and a tissue! (Old age has brought out the softness in me).

• Like Like x 3
  10. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

You are not alone

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Me too, and that's what I believe college sports is all about. Playing for pride, comraderie, your teammates. Complete unselfishness.
    Anissa probably doesn't get enough NIL money to buy dinner at Applebee's, but she's out there giving 100% all the time, at every practice, to help her team become better.

I played intramural sports at UT and a whole lot of rec sports in my for nothing but pride in the game and to help my teams win meaningless championships and as a result have lingering injuries. But I don't regret one bit of it.

Maybe that's why I get a little upset when I see players sit out bowl games. It just seems like complete selfishness to me. What are the odds of a career ending injury in a bowl game. I suspect very very low.

NIL may eventually make college sports unwatchable, just like what most of professional sports has become. At least from my perspective.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I worried about Moore when the celebration of Anissa’s historical play happened. And after watching the video multiple times, I’m still kinda worried Moore hurt her knee hopping up and down on one leg. Guess I need to stop worrying. I think about the football and baseball players that have suffered knee or other leg injuries and I’m hopeful someone cautions Moore and Codio and Maul to take it easy. But how in the world can you NOT hop up and down on one leg on something so thrilling. New Year’s Resolution for me…..quit worrying so much and enjoy celebrations! Go Anissa and Moore!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Sangre Naranjada

That sounds like a pretty good resolution for anybody.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Really impressed by Holle and I knew she was going to come into form. Same thing happened last year where she started off sluggish but really turned the dial around big 12 play. I expect her minutes and contributions to go up from here forward. We will see a lot of zone in conference so if she can be that 3 and D type player then she’ll contribute in a big way. This team is slowly but surely coming along.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Sincerely hookem

Sincerely hookem 100+ Posts

I would love for someone to challenge her being Shay to go out and do that every conference game and go for big12 6th woman of the year. If she brings it like that answers the other guard question I think we go to another level. We all forget sometimes that she sparked the win streak last year in conf play and was a starter last year.

• Like Like x 6
  16. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Although I believe we still would have won, one thing to keep in mind is that a lot of K- State's possessions ended with open shots at the basket. Even with our defense as good as it was.

I doubt they will shoot that poorly next time we see them. Something to tighten up as big xii play continues.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Sangre Naranjada

Plus their top stud-ette will likely be back too. Manhattan will not be a fun road trip.

18. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Hopefully Taylor will be back and make Lee work defensively.
    Can't imagine why Vic didn't give Gregory a look when she was in the portal.

19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Lee won't be back this season - I think @Sangre Naranjada was referring to Gregory.

20. Sangre Naranjada

That's correct.

• Like Like x 1
  21. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Good point.

• Like Like x 1
  22. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

The comment was made in one interview that perhaps being under so much pressure by the Longhorns, they put pressure on themselves to score when they actually found themselves open.

• Agree Agree x 1