KU

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Jan 2, 2017.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

http://www.kuathletics.com/news/201...come-no-16-longhorns-to-allen-fieldhouse.aspx
    reading the story above, I came across the following quote. I know it's a typo but still funny.

2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

two interesting games to keep an eye on Wed: BU vs WVU and OU vs KSU. KSU is really tall, with 6-5 Lewis and four players at 6-3 and a frosh at 6-4. OU has 6-9 Mulkey who has been a shot blocking machine recently. OU also has three players at 6-4 and two at 6-2. Dang, the league is getting tall.

3. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

So we're 2-0 in the Big12, but 0-1 on the road in the Big12?

Funny though, I still don't know how good we are.
    0-4 vs the top 10
    0-0 vs #11-#25
    8-0 vs #26 and below

4. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

First, I don't think our offense matches up yet to top teams like Baylor, UConn, etc. I watched UConn beat Maryland in a shoot out last week. Both teams played good defense, but they couldn't stop each other. The collective fire power was too potent. You can't win at the top level unless you can be competitive in games like that---games in which you can't stop the other side; you have to out shoot them.

Second, does anybody know when Audrey Ann might return to the lineup?

5. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Texas offense looks so much better, then in past season's.
    They will be ready for the NCAA's.
    Hookem'

• Like Like x 1
  6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

8. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

Its not letting me log in so i cant watch the game :(

9. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Texas is up right now in the 1st Quarter.
    But we need to pick up our Energy Level.

• Like Like x 1
  10. "Anna hook em"

now its really slow to load

11. "Anna hook em"

i can listen to it though :):hookem2:

12. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

I have Direct TV but they don't offer ESPN3. I can get EPSN3 on my Amazon Firestick but I couldn't get it to work tonight. Had to resort to the ESPN app on the iPad. That's working.

• Like Like x 1
  13. "Anna hook em"

thanks will try that :)

14. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I'm not having any problems watching it on ESPN3 online. Almost wish I wasn't. We look bad, many turnovers, wild passes, shooting pretty poorly, Airel, LaShawn and Joyner all on the bench with fouls. I think we took this game for granted and were not ready to play. They are zoning us, which is a smart thing to do. I believe we are ahead by 5 at the half.

15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

35-30 at half.

I know several folks disagree on the subject, but Coach A needed to have pulled Atkins after the first early foul; even if for just a couple of minutes. Instead, she picks up her second foul on a charge on a fast break minutes later, and then has to spend the next quarter and a half on the bench.

Higgs ends up picking up 3 fouls. Joyner with two fouls.

We can't stop Washington from driving to the basket and banking it off the glass.

Tasia playing a lot of minutes and making a lot of mistakes, as usual. The only difference tonight is that she made a 3-point basket.

We are getting very good passes into to the paint, but KU seems to blocking or stripping the ball more often than not, and we get nothing out of it.

16. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Texas 35 and Kansas 30 at Halftime.
    We need to get some Energy from somewhere.
    I think Texas player's were expecting a easy win.
    You got to elevated your play each game.

17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

man, Washington has 16 pts and Kopatich hit two 3s to get 8 pts. That's 24 of KU's 30. Washington is really good. Brooke leads with 10 pts. Kelsey has six and Joyner has six but is only 3-11 from the field. We really miss Ariel on both ends. I don't think it would be as close if she hadn't committed that second foul so early in the game. She missed the last 4:24 of the first half and all of the second quarter. We look sluggish is the only word I can come up with.

We got 13 TOs but KU has 10. We are up +10 in rebs. They are 4-5 in FTs and we are 2-2. We are 3-4 from BTA, KU 2-10. Hard to figure out how they are only five behind, 30-35. Feels like we should be up way more.

18. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

yeah, I disagree about pulling a player, even for just a few minutes, after a foul, especially an experienced one like Ariel. That charge was developing from the time she crossed midcourt. She needed more court awareness there and a stop one step earlier.

• Like Like x 1
  19. "Anna hook em"

Hey refs do u get paid by how many whistles u blow?

20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

You pull a player who has proven in the past that they are likely to pick up a second foul quickly after the first. Atkins has picked up a second foul quickly plenty of times; Coach A should recognize those patterns.

21. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Where is the defense we played against Iowa St.

22. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Texas 47 and Kansas 36 in the 3rd Quarter.

• Like Like x 1
  23. "Anna hook em"

We need to keep it up yes 16 is a big lead but we need to keep the foot on the gas peddle!!

• Like Like x 1
  24. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Finally a little bit of separation. Still not playing like a well oiled machine.

• Like Like x 1
  25. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Texas up by 16 points, going into the 4th Quarter.

26. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

And Joyner gets her 4th foul.

27. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Texas 64 and Kansas 46

28. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

GO LADY HORNS!!!

29. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Really good 3rd quarter and about half the fourth before the bench was cleared. Another good road win for the Horns. Not their best game but they came up big to take a 20+ lead before the starters took a seat. 3-0 start! :hookem2:

30. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Tech 75 ISU 66

BU 91 WVU 56

OU 85 KSU 80 (OT)

OSU 43 TCU 36 (3rd )