L Armstrong to be charged with being a dope fiend

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Golden Steer, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Golden Steer

Golden Steer 250+ Posts

An update on Lance the Liar, Fraud, and Doper.

His defense against being sued by the PO for being a dope fiend was “Why you should have ignored all my hand on heart statements about not using, and known I was lying.”
    The Link

What a sad and pitiful demise for this creature. He goes from destroying those who knew and dared speak the truth about his doping, to saying his credibility is so poor it’s someone else’s fault if they believe him.

I still remember when that fool rode a cycle across the field during a Texas game, probably putting a nasty rut in the grass. Didn’t see if he’d shot up with dope prior to mounting his cycle. I did think it looked like an advanced form of sporting clays, with him being a low bird.

Anyone have any recent Lance sightings in Austin? Is he still trying to cut in line with the Don’t You Know Who I Am crap or does he wait his turn now?

2. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

so much bitterness. My wife and I cycle and follow cycling because of Lance.

3. Golden Steer

Golden Steer 250+ Posts

Uhh, OK.

He lied, cheated and doped. He pressured his team mates into doping. He ruined people's careers with threats and intimidation when they dared speak the truth.

But he got a HF's poster and his wife into watching bicycle races. So he's got that going for him.

4. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

Pretty sure every top rider since about 92 has cheated. So regardless of any pressure that Armstrong placed on his teammates, in order to be competitive there is enormous pressure to cheat. I doubt Floyd Landis was too upset when he led an 80-mile solo attack during Stage 17 through the Alps after falling six minutes behind the day before. I guarantee that Wiggins and Froome juice.