Laptop deja vue

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Idahorn2, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Idahorn2

Idahorn2 250+ Posts

About half the time when I finish reading a Hornfans thread and go back to the board on which I found the thread, this PowerBook G4 opens the board up as it appeared hours or days before. This does not happen on the PC at work.

When I hit the refresh button it comes up current, but this is a little aggravating.

Does anyone have an idea what causes this or does it happen to anyone else?

I assume it is something I am doing wrong, but then it doesn't happen all the time.

2. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

What browser are you using?

3. pmg

pmg 1,000+ Posts

I have noticed it too. I know for sure it's on my macbook w/ safari. I can't recall if it's on my G4 or G5 with firefox.

I've never been sure if it's a server-side caching or if it's the more aggressive caching from Safari.

It always gets my hopes up; the site will be taking minutes and minutes to load, then I click on a link and it loads immediately (Whoopeee!!!) then I look and see it's a two day old version of the page.

4. Idahorn2

Idahorn2 250+ Posts

What is a browser?

Is Safari a browser? If it is, then that is my browser.

5. pmg

pmg 1,000+ Posts

Yes, Safari is your browser.
    I don't think you're at fault. I think the page should not allow caching since the content is dynamic.

6. brntorng

brntorng 2,500+ Posts

Probably a behavior of Safari. I primarily use Firefox on a Mac and have never seen it. Download it here.

7. tx 3 putt

tx 3 putt 100+ Posts

Started happening to me the past 2 weeks or so, using IE.

8. NCAAFBALLROX

NCAAFBALLROX 1,000+ Posts

Happens to me every time via Opera.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]