LHB moves to SEZ for 2008

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by TenDeadF1ngerz, May 10, 2008.

1. TenDeadF1ngerz

TenDeadF1ngerz 100+ Posts

Parents just got season ticket renewal in the mail and thats what it says. I think a lot of people will be happy with this. Sux for them, I loved our seats where they were, but I think this is a good move for the atmosphere, and the rest of the fans.

2. redbul41

redbul41 < 25 Posts

Yes!! finally we're gonna have a good gameday atmosphere. This should help alot. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

If true that kicks *** [​IMG]

4. Barton Hills

Barton Hills 1,000+ Posts

Badass !!!

I'm sure the band will be pissed, but this is great for the stadium.

5. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

6. SMDhorn

SMDhorn 250+ Posts

It's been a long time coming. Sucks for the band, because they had great seats, but those seats make $$$ and the band doesn't.

I'm sure the directors know, but oddly, the students in the band do not know (at least that I'm aware of...)

7. Goothrey

Goothrey 100+ Posts

Walking through the NEZ tunnel should make up for it though.

8. drborange

drborange 500+ Posts

Sux for the LHB, but imagine the sound going to the NEZ and bouncing back! Should be a great sound for all to hear! [​IMG]

9. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

At least those seats will be filled and the sound should be great [​IMG]

10. redbul41

redbul41 < 25 Posts

Where will the freshman students sit? I will be attending UT next year and was wondering where I will sit. [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

^^^^
    Have you seen that notch in the stadium?

12. LHB_SOB

LHB_SOB 250+ Posts

Well, seeing a tradition go by the way side sucks. But the band does need to be in a place where everyone can hear them and where they will be visible.

13. Mr. Picc

Mr. Picc 25+ Posts

While being in the end zone is not the best thing in the world, it's not the end of the world. I won't mind being there. In fact, it will help bring more noise to that end. The absence of a structure in the south side will be replaced by 350 angry cowbells.

It also means we get to run around like idiots after pre-game, and still make it up to the stands in time for kickoff.

14. PipFunatUT

PipFunatUT 500+ Posts

15. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Thank you Belmont, this is a good move and long overdue. Now the entire stadium, especially the East Side upper deck can hear the band and it will increase the energy and noise level, especially when we need it vs. visiting teams. Also Godzillatron will be able to look over the shoulder of his favorite band... this should please him.

16. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

On the whole, this is probably a good idea. It'll be easier to hear the LHB, and there will be a lot more room to seat people on the east side.

I just hope the LHB doesn't get fried by Godzillatron.

17. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

18. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

My seats just graduated from great.... to awesome!

[​IMG]

19. BDog

BDog 250+ Posts

I like this.

20. redbul41

redbul41 < 25 Posts

I attended the Nebraska game last year in Austin and saw most students in the south endzone. Can someone please tell me where Im most likely to sit this season?? Thanks.

21. hornian

hornian 1,000+ Posts

22. TenDeadF1ngerz

TenDeadF1ngerz 100+ Posts

I think the renewal said anyone wanting new tickets would be selected from the NEZ upper deck first.

23. History Horn

History Horn 100+ Posts

My letter indicated the same thing. I bought some extra season tix in the SEZ in 2006. Lost them in 2007 and the letter explained that I couldn't get the SEZ tix back because of the LHB and UT students that will be in the SEZ.

I can't tell you how stoked I am about this. My real season tickets are in Section 31 and we cannot hear the LHB from where I sit during games.

Moving them to the SEZ will allow them to blare to every part of the stadium and help them take over the game-day atmosphere. It'll also make that EZ more hellish for the opponents. The NEZ should be fine as far as noise is concerned and this move will really make a difference on the other end.

Hook 'em

24. UTuba

UTuba 25+ Posts

I kinda wish they had stuck us in the NEZ instead where the visting band is now. The current situation allows them to blast at our team. When Tech was around you could barely hear at moments on the sidelines.

25. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

I'm pleased about this, but I would have like it done another way. Put the visiting band in Section 32, the visiting fans in the corners of 101 and 109, put the LHB in the NEZ.

26. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

LHB...!

When I first saw the thread title my thought was..."why would I care where Longhorn Bob is sitting next year/"

27. Texas Jack

Texas Jack 1,000+ Posts

Hell, for the acoustics alone! this was the right thing to do.

28. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I think that any members in the band bummed will be made glad by the fans being so stoked we all get to hear them. We all love you, Showband of the South, and y'all bring so much to the game day experience. YOU are a key part to the Longhorn experience.

Sorry you lose the traditional or usual seating but I think that when you see the response you get game in and game out from the fans feeding off of you, the way you can help control the crowd and increase participation/volume, you will be stoked. I think the band will be like a metronome of sorts.

For me a game day is not complete if I don't watch the band leave the stadium after a game. I have mentioned this before but it is worth doing so again. If you have kids, stick around and do this. They will love it. The band appreciates it too. You can put off the drinking of one beer to say thanks to the SHOWBAND OF THE MOTHERLICKING SOUTH!!!

29. Texcess

Texcess 25+ Posts

30. Mageeman

Mageeman 100+ Posts

I also think LHB belongs in the NEZ where the current visiting band sits. The opposing band gets to see Godzillatron but LHB doesn't??? I wonder how this will affect older people staying in LHB when they could get MUCH better tickets as a student.