LHN TV commentors

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by old65horn, Nov 15, 2016.

1. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Who are those two clowns. Their endless chatter is annoying.

• Like Like x 1
  2. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

This^^^ times 100. I could not agree more. I cannot stand their constant, meaningless rattle. I often turn off the sound.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

One of those clowns is Lance Blanks, and as such gets a pass from being called a clown. Gallindo (sp?), him I don't know, blast away.

LHN clearly going for a home-cooking style knowing they're only talking to Longhorn fans. I think they go overboard in the casual tone, but I get why you're not hearing your standard third-party professionally polished style.

4. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Agree, did not know it was Blanks. Thanks, Blanks is not a clown.

5. mars

mars 100+ Posts

I'm not surprised you did not like the announcing-- I didn't either. I am surprised you didn't know who those guys were. One is a legend here, and the other is all over LHN all the time. But like you, I don't like either one's announcing. They really get on my nerves.

6. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

I know who Lance Blanks is, as well as BMW (Blanks, Mays Wright). I just did not pay attention to their names. I just found the endless chatter annoying.

Al McGuire, may God rest his soul was absolutely the best color commentator ever. He knew the game, not him, was why people tuned in. I also find Vital annoying. I do turn the sound off when he is on.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  7. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Jay Bilas may be the best game announcer IMHO right now.

The former piggy player, can't remember name right now, recently has been a good voice for UT basketball. Or was he a coog? Can't recall. Help!

Okay, edit, found him --- Reid Gettys, UH Phi Slamma Jamma disher to the jammas.

He used to do LHN color for the Horns and I always looked forward to his game coverage
    Seemed genuinely happy to do Texas games, not overly chatty, good insights into the game.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  8. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

our guys are such over talkers. Talking over the action constantly. Just call the damn game. Color guys need to know that less is usually better.