LinkedIn

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Dionysus, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Is anyone finding value with LinkedIn?

I put my profile on there 3 years ago and I get the occasional request to join people’s networks, and I usually accept, and then I never hear from them again nor do I see a need to contact them either. Maybe I don’t get it. The only thing to come from it for me is more calls from vendors that I don’t want. I think I will delete my account.

Am I missing something? Maybe it is mostly for job seekers and such.

2. biganakhanhda

biganakhanhda 500+ Posts

It is a good tool for me as it generates a lot of leads for my business. Understandably, most people do use it as an online resume of sort. It creates good networking for not only the field you are in but fields you might be interested in as well. To me LinkedIn is a tool utilized to market yourself and or your business, it is especially popular for those who are self-employed.

How active are you on it? Do you have an account just to tell people what you do or do you have it to promote yourself?

I've gotten a number deals from just starting a discussion in one of the many groups I'm in, at no advertising cost to me, mostly just from people browsing through some of my other connections and upon discovering what I do, they contact me for business, it is like I solicit my business without even trying. People are naturally "nosy" or are "curious" to see not only what you do but what others in your network does for a living. When that curiosity meets a need in what you do, it could be beneficial.

With that said, add me to your network Dionysus by clicking on Da Link Dos! [​IMG]