Literate in Computer Gaphics/Image Processing?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by 14tokihorn, Feb 22, 2012.

1. 14tokihorn

14tokihorn 1,000+ Posts

HornFans,

I really need your help. Our volunteer group* is in need of mass communicatin'.

But we have no sign.

None of us is literate enough in graphics/image programs. I threw up my hands - willing to tackle the task, but just too annoying and time consuming. My time is urgently needed on the pledge/donation trail, and signage would augment this. If we could save a few $ by providing a composed file to the print-vendor, so much the better. At this point,reaching a goal of 5k in donations seems terribly daunting, with the clock ticking. We have, today, reached 10% of our goal.

I have the requisite blank stock for the printing; size to be 18' X 24" (standard, stock dimensions, like many realtors use as a yard sign), I have a donation in the form of a steel frame, but I have no composition, neither do I understand a suitable file exe. - jpg?

The composition really could be text only. Perhaps a graphic might be added,which will be readily provided; to my limited understanding, it would have to upscale, and at this point, I have no idea if the graphic would work as 'eye-candy'- at the 18 X 24 size. Graphics / image processing(?) is just beyond my computer expertise.

If someone is willing to get with me over PM and crank out a suitable design, please, please do so.

* Austin-based, all-volunteer,non-profit group. We are under the umbrella of the Austin Parks Foundation, and are working closely with Parks & Rec. / Urban Forestry Dept. Our Parks' native oaks have been benignly-neglected, due to the Citys' budget constrains. Our recent drought conditions and these conditions, going forward, are certainly alarming. The largest oaks, designated as "Heritage" (by ordinance), are very large, therefore the invoices we will incur for desperately needed maintenance, from professional arborists, will be large.... all funds to be from private benefactors.

2. jmatt

jmatt 1,000+ Posts

I'm not a graphics designer or anything, but would be willing to give it a shot. Shoot me a PM or email.

Though if you could find someone with the proper training/expertise, that would probably be better.

3. 14tokihorn

14tokihorn 1,000+ Posts

Just checked my notes.

we'd have to use these file types-

- Ai (Adobe Illustrator)

- EPS (unknown)

- PDF (Adobe,of course)