Live Anti-Trump Protests from JFK Airport 01/28/2017

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Musburger1, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Chuckles was for visa tightening before he was against it

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The greencard thing was apparently never true, despite multiple news accounts to the contrary

Here is Priebus
    Miller said the same thing

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Winning! Just kidding. Enjoy dinner with your family.

4. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

I don't get the rage over a temporary ban. 120 days...my goodness As far as things being held up in the government because of red tape or administration or evaluation, 120 days is like fast forwarding through your DVR.

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is Miller
    Full interview
    The green card part is ~ 2.5 mintues

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

7. Seattle Husker

3 times Priebus said the EO doesn't effect greencard holders "moving forward". At least in the early execution of the order, they were included. I'm assuming saner heads prevailed when someone reminded the Trump Admin that a "greencard" gives the holder nearly all the rights of a citizen.

Jeff Sessions better get approved soon because the Acting AG Sally Yates just told the Justice Dept. not to defend the EO.

8. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

This guy should replace Spicer...at least as the PS.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

10. Seattle Husker

He didn't address the Department of Homeland Security initially giving direction that greencard holders were impacted. Then again, Stephen Miller used the San Bernadino incident as how this EO would have kept us safe had it been in place, forgetting that the wife wasn't from any of these 7 countries. Confusion may not have been solely in the implementation of the EO.

11. Seattle Husker

I'll let the lawyers debate whether it's a stunt or whether Sally Yate's concern is well founded. I'm sure Trump would love to tell her "you're fired" right now.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Well-founded?
    LOL
    You know exactly what it is

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

They seem to be saying that story was never true

14. Seattle Husker

Then why don't they say that? "Moving forward" is an accident? Multiple times? I'll give them that their intent may not have been to scoop up greencard holders but then their implementation of the EO should be questioned. That's the purpose of the "moving forward". It's an nothing to see here...move on strategy.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is the kind of thing we will never know what the absolute truth is, but the bottom line is green card holders are not affected (other than having to answer more questions, which I have zero problem with). I am moving on

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Remember during the election, how Dems were constantly lecturing us about how stringent Obama's vetting was?
    Well, not so fast my friend
    This is from the Trump-hating LA Times --

First, Obama ramped up the program as a parting gift to the American people, admitting 606% more Syrians in 2016 than 2015. The LAT claims the "vast majority pose no threat" but as Orlando taught us, one bad guy can create a lot of human carnage.

"Federal agents are reinvestigating the backgrounds of dozens of Syrian refugees already in the United States after discovering a lapse in vetting that allowed some who had potentially negative information in their files to enter the country, two U.S. law enforcement officials said...."

The refugees whose cases are under review include one who failed a polygraph test when he applied to work at a U.S. military installation overseas and another who may have been in communication with an Islamic State leader ....."

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-syria-refugees-vetting-gap-20170125-story.html

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Starbucks has hired its first unemployed refugee

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Come on now, we all know who really wrote the list

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Mo Miller

"In a world with 7 billion people, the U.S. has an absolute sovereign right to determine who can and cannot enter the country"

Those of you in the Open Borders crowd must disagree with this, yes?

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Number of Syrian refugees admitted to a handful of wealthy Muslim-majority countries
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

They know how dangerous the refugees are. They aren't stupid like the West is.

• Like Like x 1
  22. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

And they don't care about political correctness and whiny *** bleeding hearts.

• Like Like x 5
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He did
    Mustang Sally is out on her keister

• Like Like x 2
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The wording on Yates makes it look like Trump himself wrote it

[​IMG]

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This type of matter is exactly why Priebus should have asked all Senior Officials to leave effective Jan 20.

Reagan and Clinton both fired all US Attorneys when they came in.
    Bush mistakenly did not, and it later caused him a small scandal.

Trump needed to fully clean house. Just like HUAC did, clear out all the commies.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I laughed

Stephen Miller on firing of acting AG: "She's being replaced with somebody who will enforce the laws of the United States."

• Like Like x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Is this proof Trump reads Hornfans?

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I guess Algerians would have to be excepted?

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts