Lockerbie bomber living good life in Libia

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Wild Bill, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

The Link
    This guy was only given a few months to live. That was the reason for "compassionate" release to his home country. But it wasn't intended to be a luxury transfer.

2. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

I am SHOCKED!.......NOT!

I mentioned in the original thread on his release that he was terminal---in that he will die......of old age! Typical of the "compassionate do-gooders" cluless and believing the liars. [​IMG]

3. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG] x infinite

4. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

From the UK Telegraph link in the article:

5. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

Time to send in a few assassins. f**k that guy, he needs to die...******* now.

6. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

That's the funny thing about prostate cancer: older men who get it frequently die of something else. Heart disease, stroke, organ failure, another cancer, two hollowpoints to the base of the skull, et c. You never know...

7. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I think hes claimed innocence the whole time. Not that it means he is innocent, but I wouldnt rush to put a bullet in his head.

8. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

9. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

10. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

11. 2003TexasGrad

Im sory your exes friend was on that flight. That doesnt have anything to do however with what I said [​IMG] You are smarter than that.

One of my best friends was killed in a car accident because someone hit her and wasnt paying attention. I too wonder what HER life would have been like.

12. 2003TexasGrad

Im part Scottish yes, but that has nothing to do with it.

If this man indeed blew that plane up, I believe he will get his in the next life (in my opinion anyway) Hes been given a very very generous reprieve, but in the 1 or 2% chance he is innocent, then someone killing him would be doubly worse.

Lest we forget our own justice system has put more than a few innocent people in prision for decades only to go oops in the end. It was a terrible tragedy.

13. HornHawk

HornHawk 250+ Posts

I'll bet 90% of the people who have committed crimes claim they are innocent as well. Pretty much everyone that goes on trial pleads not guilty. And a solid majority of them of them wind up being convicted. Funny how that works.

But I guess there's that 10% possibility of innocence. So releasing him was probably a good thing.

14. 2003TexasGrad

Hey, Scotland decided to let him go. If they screwed up, so be it. It was their justice system and their jurisdiction. If he is guilty as he was convicted, I believe God will judge him as he deserves. If he is innocent, even if its 1%, then so be it.

I just hate how people talk about putting bullets in people's heads without being there to see what this man did or did not do. Go to Dallas and Houston, and they want convictions. It justifies their law enforcements' existence. When we find out a poor man has sat in prision for 10, 15, 20 years or more because the crime lab didnt do their job properly, it disgusts me.

Did innocent people die here? Yes, they did. Killing him wont bring them back. He will die soon enough. Let it be.

15. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

The weirdness of all of this makes me wonder if the fix was in the whole time. Libya offers up somebody to go to jail for awhile so the West can get closure and Libya can slowly undo their pariah status. I don't know the evidence in the case, so I'm not making any claims of expertise, but this smells of an under the table political deal.