Longhorn Band pisses off Mizzou fans...

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by texexted, Nov 12, 2011.

1. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

And it was hilarious. At the end of the 3rd quarter, Mizzou Band plays the Truman Waltz...their version of Wabash Cannonball. Longhorn Band started playing when they were stilling playing the waltz and their fans booed. It was one of the few highlights of the game.

2. baoklhorn

baoklhorn 1,000+ Posts

I was there and saw it.

Some jackass in Gator gear was doing some "down" Horns like a maniac. I hollared out at him and told him that we supplied your coach. He kept on with it and then i showed him the scoreboard with Florida losing. He finally calmed down.

a lot of Texas haters at this game. [​IMG] So what else is new?

3. Chalupa72

Chalupa72 250+ Posts

We sat right behind the band and it was hilarious when that happened. If our traveling band wasn't nearly as large as their full band, they might not have noticed.

I would say the Texas hate was half-assed, much like their program. Best of luck to them in the SEC.

4. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

5. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

The Mizzou hatred of the Longhorn Band started well before then: stadium officials called for the band to stop ringing their cowbells a couple minutes into the game.

[​IMG]

6. tsquar

tsquar 250+ Posts

[censor monitor on] f**k'em, the Mizzou band played the "Missouri Waltz" for frick'n ever. And, they played during some of LHB's songs, as well. [censor monitor off]

[​IMG]

7. drewbleedsorange

drewbleedsorange 100+ Posts

8. SeaGail

SeaGail 100+ Posts

To be perfectly honest, we would never have started playing while the other band was playing in my day (Longhorn Band 1969-70) ... unless perhaps it was A&M ... even then. I don't think that's at all cool.

I will take this opportunity to say again how disgusted I am when I hear the canned music at our stadium or see the words Noise flashing on Godzillatron.

As my husband said, the band should go on strike until canned music stops. There is a reason college football is different and has different traditions ... or used to be.

Gail in WA [​IMG]

9. 7in69

7in69 25+ Posts

Amen to Gail

10. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

11. AvengeKingTut

AvengeKingTut 25+ Posts

Gallopin, of whom is that a video ringing cowbells?