Looks like the D's are picking up another R seat

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by KingBobo81, Sep 29, 2006.

1. KingBobo81

KingBobo81 250+ Posts

2. Traffic

Traffic 500+ Posts

3. Texas

Texas 250+ Posts

What great news, given the Democratic party's strategic and tactical plans for the safety of our great nation.

4. HornsForever'93

HornsForever'93 1,000+ Posts

5. horn_dog

horn_dog < 25 Posts

disgusting.

6. Viktor Vaughn

Viktor Vaughn < 25 Posts

7. KingBobo81

KingBobo81 250+ Posts

didn't take long for this thread to get derailed.

8. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

Would Grand Old Perverts be putting it too harshly ?

9. austintex

austintex 500+ Posts

I don't see what the big deal is. Pedophiles need representation in Congress, too. (And it's obvious Rep. Foley has taken an active interest in the subject, what with him co-chairing the Missing and Exploited Children Caucus.)

10. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

The stupidity of this type of thing never ceases to amaze me.

11. Texas

Texas 250+ Posts

Viktor, you really believe that?

I just appreciate knowing that we'll be protected against getting enemy intel, but we'll find out all the dirt on repub candidates that we can stand.

Such treatment will also really
    make people want to come out of the closet, won't it?

12. savvy

savvy 100+ Posts

He ain't got nothing on Gerry Studds.

13. Kyrie Eleison

Kyrie Eleison 500+ Posts

Ironic coming from you, Texas, seeing that damn near 9 out of every 10 threads from you concern the improprieties of same sex people bumping their genitals together.

See, I'm confused....for months you've either stated or implied that the homosexual "agenda" is the single biggest threat to the U.S., but now all the sudden you switch midstream and state that it's national defense policy that is sexual orientation neutral.

What I'm afraid is that you simply cannot bring yourself to apply the same standard to a Republican that you do to a Democrat, that somehow or another this just cannot be true....a Republican who is a closet child sex predator.

And as far as national defense policy, check out my 800 lbs. gorilla thread and the solutions laid out there. Of particular note, instead of rowing through your sea of denial using hyperbole oars, please pay attention to how Gone To Texas is able to admit the errors of his Republican party and apply an objective standard across the board...to both sides.

I learned quite a bit about GTT, and in the process learned a little bit about myself, too.

You should give it a try.

14. Seabees

Seabees < 25 Posts

15. Texas

Texas 250+ Posts

Kyrie, Seabees,

If you want to support such bordering-upon-blackmail behavior, be my guest.

Isn't it odd that this story is coming out again now, when the cnn.com link at thread's beginning said the teen was taking this to the St. Petersburg Times last November?

16. matt8209

matt8209 100+ Posts

Nice smear job by the dems. It is what they do best.

17. KingBobo81

KingBobo81 250+ Posts

18. Kyrie Eleison

Kyrie Eleison 500+ Posts

"Smear job"....

I'm sorry, but you don't abruptly resign your seat the day after the story breaks.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

What's funny is that it's the Democrats you all are blaming. Not the child predator himself, not the fact that he was highly inappropriate while serving in Congress, and not the fact that none of this would have gone down had he been...oh, I don't know...."responsible."

Nope.

It's the Democrats fault.

What's the name of the guy who was President a few years ago....had a blow job while in office. Lied about it. Remember him?

Was that a Republican smear job?

Not on your life. If Clinton would have the moral fiber to keep his dick in his pants, none of that would have happened.

Clinton has himself and no one else to blame.

But y'all go ahead and give Foley a pass....it's cool. After all, double standards are the MO for today's Republican party.

19. TTK

TTK 100+ Posts

I know that it is dangerous to make such assumptions. Oh well.....Where there's smoke, there is often times fire.

If this was merely a smear, and the congressman's emails and behavior are being purposely misconstrued for political advantage, then why is he not fighting? I mean, to resign like this if he was not being inappropriate does nothing more than to let the public take for granted that there is something really bad here that is about to come out. If it were me, and I was innocent, I would fight like hell. I damn sure don't want my family and friends to think that I am a predator. He, however, has folded his tent rather quickly.

Put me down as a vote that says his reaction shows likely guilt.

Kyrie - Were you reading over my shoulder as I typed? Great minds think alike, I guess.

20. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

In reply to:

21. Seabees

Seabees < 25 Posts

Texas…

The first half of my comment was aimed at YOUR RESPONSE not the story. You have one hell of a nerve criticizing ANYONE for creating an environment that would make it more difficult for someone to come out of the closet… yet you continue to lower the bar by going to the door of your glass house and casting that stone.

As for the story itself… As I said, a member of Congress hitting on a Congressional Page is a serious matter regardless of the gender of the 2 individuals. It is the kind of story that should be addressed as soon as possible so if the paper sat on the story for a year for politics that’s ******* disgusting because that potentially puts other Congressional Pages in danger of exploitation.

Also, please spare me the crying about how the Ds are the party of unfair personal attacks… anyone who thinks that both sides don’t have their hatchet men (excuse me… hatchet PERSONS) at the ready 24-7 has their head buried in the sand. Gov’s election of 94 ring a bell? How about the 2000 SC primary? Politics are dirty across and within party lines. Spare me your situational outrage.

22. Texas

Texas 250+ Posts

23. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

24. Texas

Texas 250+ Posts

Seabees,

And the dems STILL get so upset when it's pointed out that they have no plan to keep America safe from terrorists.

If this stuff about SEX ORGANS and whatnot was really put on the text messages this should have hit the papers a lot earlier, especially when the young man went to the Times last November.

But...Rep. Foley has resigned. Let's put him on trial now to prove how many laws he's broken, and let justice take its course.

25. Texas

Texas 250+ Posts

26. horn_dog

horn_dog < 25 Posts

Texas:

How does it feel to be the defender of pedophiles?

27. BrûléeOrange

BrûléeOrange 500+ Posts

28. Seabees

Seabees < 25 Posts

That movie was called “Little Miss Sunshine”

Now we are blaming Hollywood? That’s rich, I seem to remember Republicans saying people should be held accountable for their actions and blaming society for producing criminals is BS… but I guess blaming Hollywood is OK.

I guess the ideal of “personal responsibility” that the Rs trumpet only applies when the perpetrator would vote democrat… if they are an R then its OK to blame inappropriate actions on Hollywood, a Democratic smear campaign, the “liberal media.” Perhaps we can find a way to blame this Congressman’s sexual advances this kid on “activist judges.” They always make a nice boogey man!

29. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

The teenage House "Page" program should have been shutdown after the last Page Scandal (Studds and Crain).

It is my understanding that this was more than just emails. ABC News apparently has IM logs that are more graphic.

There are a quite a few deginerates with a lust for power and forbidden fruit in Washington - it comes with the territory.

Whether he had a lust for teenage girls or boys is irrelevant to me. His lust for children is the problem.

30. Texas

Texas 250+ Posts

Doesn't sound like Rep. Foley was a pedophile, but rather an ephebophile.

Hows it feel defending blackmailers?