LSU

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Badass, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

That will be the best eating the College Gameday crew has ever had at a pregame/tailgate!

2. NOLATiger80

NOLATiger80 25+ Posts

Like I said earlier. An unhealthy amount of delusion. You sound like an A&M fan tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

looks like the money is rolling in on Texas ...

Texas-LSU betting line sees big shift
    By KEVIN FLAHERTYWed Aug 07 2019

Westgate LV Superbook updated its odds on the biggest games of the season this year, with one of the biggest changes coming in Texas’ showdown with SEC foe LSU.

Originally, the book listed LSU as a three-point favorite when the Tigers come to Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium on Sept. 7. But those odds have shifted in Texas’ favor, with the Longhorns now listed as a pick ‘em against the visiting Tigers.

4. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sounds good, but probably just trying to balance their order books. The home team usually gets 3 points so this is how they got to a pick'em.

5. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bill,

Buddy, put down the pipe. The last time we had a DC as good as their's his name was Leon Fuller, and that's been quite a while. Why do you think that Herman tried so hard to hire him?

:hookem2:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

To be fair, most of it's coming from like 2 people.

I've heard of him. Even if he's the best individual player between the two defenses, I'd still take our crop of safeties over anyone else's, as a group.

It's the reverse for us, our OL is much better than our DL. Our OL is looking to be the best it's been since 2006. Our DL meanwhile, has solid guys but nobody spectacular. I'm unsure how good we'll be at getting pressure on the QB since our LBs are kind of the opposite of our DL - can be spectacular, but really inconsistent. Lots of guys with lots of potential, but it'll be early in the year and "potential means you ain't done much yet".

Yes, it is.

So is that.

If you want to say you had better DBs, fine. But to pretend it's not even a comparison when we had back-to-back Thorpe winners just a couple of years before you did (and the second one didn't even start the year before since we had 4 guys who were that good), is silly.

• Like Like x 3
  7. NOLATiger80

NOLATiger80 25+ Posts

If you want to say you had better DBs, fine. But to pretend it's not even a comparison when we had back-to-back Thorpe winners just a couple of years before you did (and the second one didn't even start the year before since we had 4 guys who were that good), is silly.[/QUOTE]

Y’all have Earl Thomas and Kenny Vaccaro. Kenny Vaccaro isn’t even very good. I know because I’m a saints fan.

Quandre Diggs is ok at best

I don’t even know who Hilton Hill, PJ Locke, Adrian Phillips, Kris Boyd, Deshon Elliot, and Duke Thomas are.

Meanwhile we have Patrick Peterson, Tyrann Mathieu, Ed Reid, Jamal Adams, Tredavious White, Donte Jackson, And Morris Claiborne. We just put Greedy in the league who is very good and I can still mention lower level guys like Rashard Robinson, Jalen collins, Jalen Mills, Kevin tolliver, and Ronald Martin. I don’t see how you think it’s comparable. Y’all have one top notch DB in the league and we have 5 which will soon grow to 6 after Greedy asserts himself.

8. LSUson

LSUson 25+ Posts

Put the crack pipe down. Dave Aranda says hi. Good DB’s??? Fulton is projected as a first rounder and had the best stats of any db in the SEC last year. Greedy is gone, but Stingley was rated as the #1 cornerback in this last class. He will start day one. LSU has better corners. You have better overall safeties, but Delpit will be the best safety on the field come September.

• poop poop x 1
  9. NorfolkVATiger

NorfolkVATiger 100+ Posts

Austin Bill is doing a good job of trolling. I really enjoy his posts.

10. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Can the damn season please get here!!! All this rhetoric and pissing contest about who's best is ridiculous. Both sides have some delusional fans. I bet no one is right about how the game plays out.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Texas - one billion trillion zillion
    LSU - seven

Bet on it! :smile1:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. NOLATiger80

NOLATiger80 25+ Posts

Ok, I’ll take the under on the total score. I don’t think that’s a a real number but I definitely can’t count that high.

• Like Like x 2
  13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

The good news is that number would short circuit the damn jumbotron and we wouldn't have to listen to all those goofy *** commercials.

:deadhorse:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Ow, that's going to leave a mark

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Dicker the Kicker will need a reliever...

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Okay guys, I have to be honest with my feelings about this team. I have been pumping them up but I didn't see too much in our Spring game that gives me hope for anything more than a 8 win season and that is only because we play in a watered down Big 12.

We have some good players on our offensive line but the right side of that line is going to get Sam killed this year and we have zero passing game without him.

Collin Johnson Duverney has been under utilized since they got here and that will not change. We have no TE and we will not be able to get a tough yard running the ball unless it's Sam carrying it.

On defense is nothing but 3 great safeties, our front 7 will get pushed around by teams like ISU, our inexperienced corners are going to remind everyone of burnt toast than DBU.

I predict we will start the season 3-3 and drop a couple more by the end of the year. It's been fun trying to convince everyone how great we are, but the truth is we are slightly better than the Baylors of the world.

We aren't going to beat LSU, we won't stay within 3 touchdowns of LSU. I suspect that by the end of this game Bijan Robinson will be back on the phone with tOSU.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • poop poop x 1
  17. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

JUST KIDDING!!!!

WE ARE GOING TO ROLL YOUR GUMBO EATING ASSES!!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Nice sarcasm in message but I think this quote is true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

You gotta mix in a little truth or else else you don't get the same effect. Actually everything I posted could happen, I call it my absolute worst case scenario.

I actually love that we moved Duv into LJH spot. Sam is a creature of habit, he has specific routes he likes to throw to, it's his comfort zone. Duverney will benefit greatly from being the guy running those routes. Collin Johnson will get an uptick in the passes going to him, but truth is he will likely leave Texas the most under utilized weapon we ever had.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

:arrow-up:
    I don't know CJ has put up some stats for the last two years and this year should be better. I think he'll pass 1,000 yds easily. In the past I can remember:
    DJ Monroe
    Daje Johnson
    Ivan Williams
    David Aaron (self inflicted)
    Lovell Pinkney
    Kwame Cavil (self inflicted)

21. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

You forgot Fozzy.

I probably wouldn't put Kwame on that list, for a couple years, he was our passing game. I would also add Johnny Walker to that list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

As far as the absolute worst case scenario, that would be it. I believe we will be a bit more improved this season at the least. I won't speculate on the ceiling.

23. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

I think 1 billion trillion zillion is equal to 1 googol.

24. NorfolkVATiger

NorfolkVATiger 100+ Posts

Please, please don't be Miami this year. After LSU beats the brakes off of the Longhorns, please go on to win the Big 12 title.

Be more like Oregon in 2011, that LSU beat 40-14 and went on to win the PAC 12 and the Rose Bowl. Or even WVU that LSU beat that same year, that won the Big East and then scored about 70 (literally) against Clemson in the Orange Bowl. Because this is going to be LSU's best team since 2011.

Or even be like Georgia, that LSU killed last year but still played in the SECCG (even if they did lay an egg in the bowl game).

You guys are so young though, it's more likely you'll be Miami. Start in the top 10 and finish unranked. So people will laugh at us next year when we brag about beating Texas.

(Did I do that right?)

• Like Like x 1
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Ahhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiii!

• Like Like x 2
  26. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Somebody's been drinkin' the swamp water again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Or hangin out at Ruffino’s with Ruffin Rodrigue. Former LSU player, he’ll drink you under the table.....

28. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I went to NOLA and more importantly Bourbon St for the Ron McKelvy fiasco. Trust me when I say the swamp water can be painful. The only thing I remember from that night through my wife's recollection is that I was throwing random girls over my shoulder if they threw the Hook 'Em up and that I interacted with UT football players there sometime after midnight. Needless to say that game wasn't kind to me for multiple reasons. No wonder Va Tech manhandled that team. :idk:

• Funny Funny x 3
  29. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

You had Boudreaux going there for a minute

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

C’mon our friendly swamp dwelling neighbors. Post some good Pierre and Boudreaux jokes for us.

• Agree Agree x 1