LSU

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Badass, Jan 14, 2019.

1. everette

everette 250+ Posts

allsome ????

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Dang Njlonghorn, I thought an embarrassing Tiger loss would run off Tiger 80. You did it by educating him.

3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

@everette, that was recently brought up as being started by Spider Ag, who posted as a, well, dumb aggy.

I have never seen any Longhorn friends post on Facebook about anything Longhorn and say "allsome". Certainly none of us embrace it. It is meant to be stupid.

However, I see my Louisiana college educated relatives write "Geaux" for LSU and the Saints very frequently. Also, they will write "Who dat!" about the Saints.

I am disgruntled and it does not sit well with me to have to explain this.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Keep working on you English comprehension. You do well for English not being your native tongue. We will limit the use of polysyllabic words so that you can follow the conversation more easily.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. BurntOrangeLH

You do not understand, Grashopper.

Ehlinger swats DBs and overruns LBs. Watch and you will see.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Uhhooo, my sheaux!

Coach O & dem tiggers gonna reaux over dem horns an den feast on sum boiled crawfish!!!

Aaaaeeeehhheeeeii !!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  7. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

So apparently we don't have a chance according to K'LavonD'AndreJ'MarcusO'Henry ChaiseLounge

chaisson.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. horninchicago

Please, please, please keep saying these things.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Because this is a Longhorn site, the proper authority to cite is Garner's Modern American Usage (because the distinguished Prof. Garner earned his Bachelor's degree and his JD at UT.) :bevo:
    Garner's Modern American Usage|Hardcover

• Like Like x 1
  10. NOLATiger80

NOLATiger80 25+ Posts

I’ve never heard “polysyllabic” before. That’s pretty fancy.

11. NorfolkVATiger

NorfolkVATiger 100+ Posts

My main point all along, has been the difference in returning production.

LSU returns guys responsible for 30 of their 34 sacks last year.
    Texas returns guys responsible for 8 of their 32 sacks last year.

Your new guys might set the world on fire, but the odds are that LSU's guys will increase their production with all that returning experience, while you guys might struggle to reproduce what you had last year.

Thankfully, we find out in a few days how all that statistical theorizing works out in a good on good matchup.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

Man, this game is gonna be something else. Texas vs. the Greatest Team the SEC has ever produced. Maybe we could run out on the field holding the White Flag instead of the American Flag! Cause we can't compete with Who Dat!

Aaaahhheeeeeiiii!!!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Does anyone want my tickets? No point in me coming. aggy’s step daddy implemented the run and shoot, their players are guaranteeing wins and they took aggy to 7 overtime’s with these same players. We have no chance.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Here is what LSU fans and players will soon discover about Sam Ehlinger.

Sam hits the weights so hard he has to shed his skin twice a year to hold the muscle in.

Sam Ehlinger once challenged Kyler Murray to a contest who has the most testicles, Sam won by 5.

Sam Ehlinger doesn't take showers, he prefers blood baths.

Sam Ehlinger hits linebackers o hard their kids are born concussed.

Sam Ehlinger is not hung like a horse, horses are hung like Sam.

Humans have 23 Chromosomes, but Sam Ehlinger has 72 and all of them can bench press 400 lbs.

Sam Ehlinger can turn a steak into a flawless diamond just by chewing it.

Freddie Kruger has nightmares that Sam Ehlinger is coming to get him.

Sam Ehlinger once had sex with a dead woman, and she orgasm ed 10 times.

Sam Ehlinger once threw a 75 yard touchdown pass, to himself.

When Sam Ehlinger goes hog hunting, he doesn't take a gun, he takes a football and kills 10 at a time with 80 yard hail Mary passes.

Jake Fromm asked his Magic 8-ball 1000 times if Georgia was going to beat Texas, all it said was Ehlinger every time.

Sam doesn't read his playbook, he stares at it until all the plays are absorbed into his brain.

Sam Ehlinger once masturbated in the mens restroom and 20 women in the next bathroom had spontaneous Orgasms.

Sam Ehlinger can kill a man with a Nerf football.

All of this, was just his freshmen year.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

:arrow-up:

Nice shootin Tex!

:bevo:

16. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Why did LSU implement the new offense?

A) lost to aggy
    B) haven’t beat Alabama in forever
    C) thinking about moving to the Big 12 to get away from aggy
    D) all of the above

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Guilty as charged for going easy on a mentally challenged swamp creature.

18. 167back

167back 100+ Posts

Your two returning safeties plus NB combined for 3.5 sacks last year. The rest of your returning TEAM had four. I will take LSU's "D" ability to get to QB over the horns.

Thanks for playing though.

19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

That be how Justin Wilson call a word so big is be worth two gar and a carp

OR

In East Texas, it's a twenty-five cent word.

:hookem2:

20. BurntOrangeLH

Like Coach Herman would say, "That was last year's team."

Whether or not we are better than last year remains to be seen. I do know we are faster than last year. We are definitely relying on talented youth and good coaching. As Herman reminds them constantly, it is their team. The coaches are just there to point the way.

It will be a great pleasure to observe. I think the game is more important to Texas in that if LSU loses but wins conference, they are in the CFP. If Texas loses and wins the conference with a loss or two, it might well be New Year's Day Bowl, again.

My hope is both teams win out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Wait, safeties and linebackers are now allowed to rush the QB?!?!

No wonder the SEC is so good on defense. Well it’s probably too late for us to look into this by Saturday.
    Someone get a memo to Herman and maybe if we’re lucky we’ll be prepared for this by week 3.

• Funny Funny x 3
  22. 167back

167back 100+ Posts

You need to listen to Mr Bill more. He knows all and sees all. He's touting the horns safeties as sack machines.

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

There is a good chance that Foster knocks your QB into next week. I would tread carefully here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. 60sHorn

60sHorn < 25 Posts

Historical note:
    Second college game I saw (driving down from hometown, Newton) was in Baton Rouge, vs. TCU. And that night I saw on the field... Billy Cannon. Believe that would have been his senior season, 1959. High School Principal took myself and a friend to the game. I also remember sitting in a car by the Texan cafe, late on a Sat night, hearing on the radio the famed 89-yard Canon punt return against Ole Miss that won that game.
    Footnote: According to his Wiki bio, Cannon, signing with (then) Houston Oilers in 1960, became the first $100,000 professional football player. Not quite a million in today's dollar: $866,794.

My first college game had been in Austin, attending a Band Day road trip with our high school, and that afternoon on the field at DKR... opponent also TCU... was Jim Swink. TCU won going away, with Swink running wild, from my end zone seat he seemed to dance all over the field.

So in my lifetime I saw both those backs, and by attending UT starting in 1960, also got to see James Saxton. Who got knocked out (of the game) against TCU in a devastating 6-0 loss I'll never forget (1961).

Thing I remember, even that long ago, about a night game in Baton Rouge was... coffee. Noisy crowds as our car inched along near the stadium among a swarming crowd all around our car, and, windows rolled down, all I could smell was strong coffee. Maybe some whiskey.

• Like Like x 5
  25. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I was in Baton Rouge yesterday. I’ve got the low down.

After scoring 72 on aggy last year but losing, they hired consultants Jaque Parti and Kevin Rumlin to design a new offense. It speeds up the offense and spreads out the defense with multiple receivers. Not sure how we defend this. aggy has Jimbo so I expect they can score 80 in Baton Rouge this year.

After letting aggy score 74 on them last year, they decided SEC defense had to change. They brought in Butty Rine to install a defense like no other. They rush the passer and they are now DBU.

This LSU team harkens back to the Les Miles years. And everyone knows how dominant he was at Oklahoma State against Texas. We are fricked as they will push our shite in our arse.

However, if we can somehow win, I say we make beer cups commemorating the event and engrave our bowl rings with the score! Better yet, let’s force them to be our rival. Woop?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Lol, if we win I suggest we make purple and gold pee pads with LSU as the target and keep them in every urinal in the stadium for the rest of the year.

27. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

So fricked
    :bow:

28. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

I'm glad you mentioned Bryan Garner -- he's my favorite. Here's what Professor Garner has to say about starting sentences with conjunctions. My favorite line:

• Like Like x 2
  29. horninchicago

My parents grew up in Louisiana, and I was born there. Moved to Texas when I was 5 years old. I thank them frequently for moving us out of that stupid state.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  30. BurntOrangeLH

No fun for the girls, though.

• Funny Funny x 1