MACk going with Major to Visit Scott

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by hot_c_win_horns, Jan 16, 2008.

1. DiabloTejano

DiabloTejano < 25 Posts

The dude's original post was moderate, measured, and reasonable. The guy didn't write that it wouldn't happen, he simply wrote that CU has been in on this longer. It's the natives who are revealing their shortcomings.

2. TexanWolv

TexanWolv 1,000+ Posts

No....Since his first post Bolt has been giving a "Hey...I'm a really nice guy but justed want to let you know you suck" vibe.

As for climate....I love Austin but I really love Boulder's climate. There is really nothing bad I can say about Boulder (lived there for 8 months recently) and I would love to move back if I had the opportunity. Austin is also a great town...Very similar other than Austin being much larger.

3. Thunderhoof

Thunderhoof 250+ Posts

Very similar, except that Austin football fans aren't total douches.

4. Bevo04

Bevo04 100+ Posts

5. Bevo04

Bevo04 100+ Posts

6. LibertyValance

LibertyValance < 25 Posts

I'm really getting bored with this thread. Why don't we do something useful and productive like turn this into a "HOT CHICKS" thread. We post the hot Texas chicks, the CU backers post the hot Colorado chicks. [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

8. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I thought the agreement was, Charles goes pro and Scott comes to Texas. Surely they got something in writing.

9. Root4UT

Root4UT 25+ Posts

Wasn't today's basketball game for Scott's commitment?

10. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

I lived in Denver for a couple of years and spent as much time in Boulder. Denver folk and Boulder folk have a jealous hate relationship thing that I never fully understood, but I digress.

Boulder is an awesome college town, to be sure. Bike lanes/trails everywhere and you cannot overstate the majesty of the mountains. It snows on Graduation Day in Boulder. And 100 degrees is not unusual in the summertime, but the nights are starry and cool.

Fact is, most people I know in Boulder know someone in Austin and vice versa. Especially with the IronMan crowd, music crowd, hippie crowd et al.

But let's be real when comparing the football programs.

Folsom Field is a nice little stadium with the throwback black wrought iron gates and stone and half the seats as I was used to at DKR. And they have a nice little band as well. [​IMG] The tickets to the games at Folsom Field are certainly cheaper.

JC going pro is what has the Buffs nervous. Mack and Major visiting is making them nervous.

Personally, I don't think Scott is coming to Austin. But I can certainly understand why you are nervous. Who could blame you?

We're Texas.

[​IMG]

11. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

Longesthorn wins best post of this riduculous thread.

Can't disagree with anything. Nice job man.

12. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

Since this the the definitive D Scott thread, I'll ask this here.

What chances do UF or LSU have in this fight? I was under the impression that it was a CU/UT battle period, but some SEC types are saying those 2 have a good chance.

13. Kadabra

Kadabra 100+ Posts

Batteries from the student section at CU.

Ahhh, now you erased all the work my shrink has done to make me suppress that day.

Yes, even back in 2000, they threw batteries....right at the Longhorn drumline. I took one in the juggelar. :-(

Screw CU.

14. griff218

griff218 < 25 Posts

At the Army game he said it was Texas and Colorado.

15. Vote For Pedro

Vote For Pedro 500+ Posts

16. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

VFP - I agree. Of course, I'm in a pissing match w/ an idiot, so I'm looking for anything he's even said about either school. SEC homer. I should be above the argument, but I'm not. [​IMG]

17. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

18. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

19. Les Claypool

Les Claypool 25+ Posts

20. burntorangebaybe

burntorangebaybe < 25 Posts

I am a little late in the recruiting game...someone tell me...Darrell has made a recruiting trip to Austin, right?

And don't underestimate what can happen with Darrell's Mom once she get's to know Mack.....the guy makes Mom's feel very good about where there kid is going.....Mack can turn the tide with the Mom, which will also influence Darrell.

21. AstroVol

AstroVol 500+ Posts

In reply to:

22. bolt1963

bolt1963 25+ Posts

See- this is how silly the Scott recruiting is.

Now Tennessee fans think they are getting Scott. Seriously, there was a thread on the Rivals 100 board about this.

FWIW vol, its CU or UT.

Its actually CU, but UT did get their foot in the door.

And Mack is very good with Moms, I am sure. So is Hawkins. Of course, she has known Hawkins for a couple years now and her brother loves CU.

23. ballrific

ballrific 500+ Posts

a little birdy told me sat that scott was signed, sealed, and delivered for the Horns' but we'll see, that source has been wack before; the way this thread reads though, we're just lucky to be in the conversation.

[​IMG]

24. AstroVol

AstroVol 500+ Posts

25. TrashMaster G

TrashMaster G 250+ Posts

As far as the weather comparisons between Austin and Boulder.... I don't recall ever hearing about it raining batteries in Austin.

Can't say the same for Boulder.

26. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

27. Heretic Horn

Heretic Horn 250+ Posts