Malcolm Brown v. Cowboys Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Sep 13, 2020.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Any predictions?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  2. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Our Malcolm Brown scores first TD of game. :hookem:

3. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

On next Rams series, Brown runs for first down, and then takes screen pass for 18 yards

4. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Brown catches short pass and gets near another first down. Then, on next play, he makes tough run for another first down.

5. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Nice 80 yard drive by the Boys to even the score

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Brown runs for 11 yards on first play of Rams next drive.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Great TD off a swing pass by Zeke Elliott. Made a cut from the sideline back to the inside and 4 defenders whooshed past.

Bowled over several defenders on the way, too. Looks to have bulked up a bit, and lowered his shoulder while keeping the legs driving.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Brown is having a productive game. Looks good. Go horns.

9. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

oops--he dropped one he could have run with

10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Painful drop there; he would have gone at least 10 yards untouched, and may have scored.

11. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

I think I heard them say Vander Esch is out for the game. That's gonna hurt.

12. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Nice 32 yard pitch and catch by Rams

13. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Excellent last minute drive by Cowboys. Hope they can punch it in from the one. . . . I needn't have worried.

14. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

:hookem:Malcolm Brown scores another TD.

15. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Brown looks really good

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Questionable decision to go for it on 4th and 3 when a field goal would have tied the game

17. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Although I mostly blame Lamb for running a 2 yard route on 4th and 3.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Well, the defender guards the make line, and you just have to break the tackle to make it; the tackle was solid. I think the more legitimate criticism is that you refuse the short FG to tie the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Is Greg Davis calling plays for Dallas now?

• Like Like x 1
  20. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Definitely not. He never threw the ball over the middle

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

New year, new coaches, same old Jerrah Cowboys.

22. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

That offensive pass interference looked more than questionable. Great acting job by the defensive back. He never got pushed so that his head snapped back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Great game by Malcolm, he was a solid back up to Gurley and has stepped into starter role with aplomb. Its unfortunate that the teams he was on from 11-14 just weren't that good and he wasnt able to put up the kind of numbers that would have him in the conversation with Earl, Ricky, Cedric etc. because he definitely had the ability.

As for Cowboys, I do not understand the decision to go for it, tie the game. too many things can happen on a fourth down pass and the risk reward was way out of whack. I think that was McCarthy showing he wasnt robot Garrett but that was not the time to make that statement. As a Bears fan living in DFW I have slowly grown on the Cowboys to where I dont actively root for them to lose anymore but whether they win or not is neither here nor there so I am able to watch games like last night and not get too high or too low. That offensive pass interference call was really really really soft and the db sold it like crazy because he knew he was beat.

I still think Dallas wins 10-11 games and has a chance at making the NFC Conference Championship game where they lose to New Orleans.

24. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

More than a game...fractured collarbone puts him into Sean Lee 2.0 category.

And then Jarwin went down...he was basically the heir apparent to Witten after Witten went to the Raiders in the off-season.

Add in the OL who got rolled up on an XPA and the season got ugly in a hurry...

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

He did come out of Oklahoma...use of the brain is not allowed and it may take time to develop requisite skills...

• Winner Winner x 1
  26. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, looks bad for the Boys. Vander Esch to undergo surgery on collarbone; TE Jarwin out for season

27. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

What is the first thing a receiver learns? Know down and distance. If you need 3 yards, 5 strides, turn 180 degrees and look for the ball I guess Ceedee had Big Red duty the day they were teaching what comes after 4.

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Maybe he was this guy:

• Like Like x 2
  29. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Cowboys are only one game out of first place!!