Marco Rubio

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by gecko, Oct 26, 2010.

1. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Watch this ad and tell me you don't think this guy won't be President one day.

Rubio's closing argument

It's almost Reaganesque. Maybe there are videos of him abusing small farm animals out there that might complicate his run, but this guy otherwise is a steamroller. 2012 may be too soon for some....but not me.

Bring it Marco......

2. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

Charlie Crist is the past------ Marco Rubio is the future.. ........... [​IMG]

3. allweatherHorn

allweatherHorn 1,000+ Posts

Very Obama like ... with a lesser educational background.

4. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

It's all feel-good ********. There's no substance in that at all. He brings up a great theme though that politicians routinely avoid - at the 10 second mark he says that generations in the past have been asked to make sacrifices. Very true...but then he doesn't bother to ask this generation to make sacrifices or to spell out what we need to sacrifice. That is the same as all the other politicians out there. He's no Chris Christie.

5. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

i heard he was born in cuba.

6. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

I don't disagree that it lacks specifics....but it was only a 30 second piece. That said, I can see how a somewhat vague message of reliance on individual achievement instead of government largess would be lost on some. Particularly in this day and age.

7. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

It's not lost, it's just lacking. We've heard that same crap from every politician of every race, color, creed and gender.

8. Horn-N-LA

Horn-N-LA 1,000+ Posts

9. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

10. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

That's static model on taxes. I would expect as much from Maddow. $3.5 trillion in taxes cuts doesn't lead to $3.5 trillion in deficits.

11. CottonEyedHorn

CottonEyedHorn 1,000+ Posts

12. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

13. JohnnyM

JohnnyM 2,500+ Posts

14. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

15. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Yo -

How much taxable economic activity is unleashed by $3.5 billion in tax cuts. But you're right....it wouldn't get settled on this forum (or thread).

16. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

17. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

18. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Spot on! Excellent stuff Rubio. Sure as hell hope he wins.

19. 77horn

77horn 500+ Posts

20. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

Dems really fear this guy (evidence: Crist and Clinton conspiring to oust Meek from the race). Last thing Dems want is this guy on a national stage.

21. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

True. Any strong leader with "communist roots" has to have a better appreciate for what this country has to offer those who value freedom.