'MCA' from Beastie Boys passes

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by BigWill, May 4, 2012.

1. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

f cancer

2. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

You gotta fight for your right to party!

RIP MCA

3. TNLonghorn

TNLonghorn 500+ Posts

Dammit that sucks! I was just jamming the License To Ill album this past weekend. Not cool. RIP MCA

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Brooklyn or not, he gets to sleep now. And as said above, F Cancer, uncool and all that if not more.

Major influence and ground breakers in music. Rest in peace.

[​IMG]

5. buckhorn

buckhorn 1,000+ Posts

Ahhh

B-E-A-S-T-I-E Go!

Cancer sucks it.

6. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Fly Fresh and Dope
    RIP[​IMG]

7. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

If you guys have not seen it, the documentary from MTV called Beastieography is pretty cool. Two clips of the 9 or 10 have been taken down for ill copyright reasons but the others remain and it's a cool view. I remember it when it came out in 98 but it was nice to see again.

Beastieography pt. 2

8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

9. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Cool, thanks for that, LC. I am not a big fan of Coldplay but I like and respect that they took the time to come up with that the day he passed. They did not have much time to prepare it and did good with what they had. They didn't have to. Nice touch.

10. Bronco

Bronco 500+ Posts

I have loved the Beasties for years and years. Just happened to be playing in a charity golf tourney last Friday and we cranked the Beasties for 3.5 hours. Funny that, imo, Fight for Your Right to Party is about my least favorite song by them but it gave them a ton of popularity and money.

RIP

11. hooklahoma

hooklahoma 1,000+ Posts

Hello Nasty, check your head and Ill comm on vinyl

Its the ****

12. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Pollywog Stew EP and Cookie Puss single, both vinyl first pressings bought within days of release!

13. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

And, just today I got a replacement copy of the first BS 2000 from 1997 on vinyl. Lent mine to somebody and it never found its way home.