McD Game

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by flash34, Mar 29, 2017.

1. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

WOW! Patterson scored last 8 points of first quarter. Two 3's and mid-range 2. Our outside shooting is solved.

• Like Like x 2
  2. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

She was a sub. Boothe started and made 2-4 free throws. Missed a 3 pointer. Showed a good handle and aggressive. She will be one of the 5 best players day 1. A real match-up nightmare.

• Like Like x 1
  3. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Walker struggling.

4. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Alexis Morris is a player. Baylor will like her.

5. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Loving the commentary. Thanks. I can't watch right now. I hope to catch a replay.

6. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Boothe 7 points in row to start 3 quarter..including a 3.

• Like Like x 1
  7. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Boothe is really impressive. She is a beast on the boards, blocked a shot and just shows she thinks she is best on floor. 9 points for Boothe and 10 for Patterson.

• Like Like x 1
  8. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Walker coming on ....now with 10 points.

9. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Boothe with another 3. 12 points now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Didi Richards has some game.

11. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Boothe with 2 more 3's back to back

• Like Like x 1
  12. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Puts east in front. The 3's from WAY out. 18 points

• Like Like x 1
  13. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I suspect Boothe will be MVP

• Like Like x 1
  14. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

She has 9 bounds

• Like Like x 1
  15. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

OT. Patterson and Boothe both in at crunch time. Walker missed last 2 shots for the win.

• Like Like x 1
  16. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

You could make a case for Patterson as MVP...14 points

• Like Like x 1
  17. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Walker 6 for 17

18. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Booth was named Player of the Game. Well deserved.

• Like Like x 3
  19. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Patterson was at the point last 3 minutes of regulation and all of OT. Aston has 2 REAL players this fall.

• Like Like x 4
  20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Thanks for the play by play - have to wait for it to re-air at midnight. No power until about 30 minutes ago (last night's storm). I cannot seem to catch a break with McDAA events this year.

21. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

What a performance by our 2 Texas girls. Rellah Booth was declared MVP by the ESPN announcer but Chastity Patterson could just as well have been named MVP. The East Coach was smart enough to want Chazz in for the last 3 minutes of regulation and for all the overtime. The coach went for the win by having her best players on floor at crunch time. Both Rellah and Chastity have a lot to learn about playing at the next level but the future sure is bright!! Coach Aston the ball is in your court! Rellah said Texas would win at least 2 national championships while she was here! Now let's do it!

• Like Like x 3
  22. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Wow our two future Horns really showed up! One game MVP and one 3 pt contest winner. And 32 points between them....love this incoming class!

• Like Like x 1
  23. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I am so impressed with Booth. She just has an attitude that says I am the best player in this game and I am going to prove it. She made 4 of 8 three pointers. I am going to ride my euphoria and predict she will be our leading scorer next year. I don't think her personality will be to take a back seat to any of her teammates. I think her adjustment period will be very short. She will make Holmes better by demanding better shooting from her. The practices should be intense when they match up.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Very impressive performances by Rellah and Chasity! Could not be happier with what I saw in both skill and effort.

My first half MVP is Chasity; second half MVP is Rellah.

These are both players who can shoot and score; our program needs that more than anything else right now. Scoring did not come easy to our squad this past season, so more shooters/scorers are a necessity.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

What channel? i found it, ESPNU

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I know we have discussed Rellah's build/physique a bit the last couple of days, but Rellah ran the floor all game long and never looked gassed today. Since her time with USA basketball tryouts a couple of summers ago, she has been referred to as "grown woman status" and that is because of her college-ready build as such a young high school player.

While she does have what some refer to as a "wide body", the TV analysts commented on how Rellah spends a lot of time weight training, and has become more fit, and that she is probably the strongest player in the 2017 class. I'm sure when she gets to Texas she will spend time with nutritionists and our strength coaches and find the right balance. You can tell she has aspirations of becoming a professional hoopster.

That physique is going to allow her to play early and often, and she will probably even be able to play Center for Texas, in addition to SF and PF. Versatile player with size, strength, power, rebounding instincts, handles, and shooting touch from beyond the arc.

• Like Like x 4
  27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

ESPNU

28. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Out of all these AA players, Boothe and Patterson are the two I would pick to anchor my team. I expected them to be good, but not this good. There were a lot of impressive players on the floor, but none better, if as good. I think they will both get tons of minutes from the very first day. Patterson is already a very polished point guard with a great shot. And, Rellah, what can you say? Incredible strength, great shooting touch, great rebounding. We're going to be danged good.

• Like Like x 8
  29. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Mooo is right in that Booth could get some time at the 5.....if Aston wants to go small or White gets in foul trouble. I think with Holmes and Booth that Texas now has 2 Lebron James types. They both can run the floor and handle the ball. I see both of them taking it coast to coast after a rebound. And don't get in their way. Booth's BTA stroke makes her just so unique. You don't want to make her spend too much time at the 5 with that skill. I for sure wouldn't like to guard her. I saw some defensive quickness at times as well. Her skills will translate well to the college game.

• Like Like x 5
  30. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Patterson is also impressive. On,defense, she stood around some but that is common in all-star games. I did see a couple of times late when the game was on the line that her player tried to take her off the dribble. She showed some real foot speed and quickness to stop that. So I don't think she will be too much of a defensive liability even at her size. Also she really has a good handle the few times she shaked and baked late. So I don't think she should be defined by just shooting. She appears to pass and see the floor well. She will play predominantly 2 next year but will slide to 1 at times. Sutton will need to step up next year....and I think she will. We might have the best 3 point guards anywhere this fall. Can you tell I am amped?

• Like Like x 6