Message board thread does the cops' job for them..

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by Bernard, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Bernard

Bernard 1,000+ Posts

This is an old (March 2008) story, but i don't recall it getting any run on Horn Fans. If you have some time to kill, read this thread about a stolen Nissan Skyline and how it was recovered a few days later by the efforts of a bunch of strangers posting info on a message board.

Stolen Nissan Skyline

The first post includes an update which explains how the whole thing works out in the end. I got a kick out of reading the thread and seeing these guys piece together the case with a combination of luck and internet research.

The thread is out of control now at about 158 pages. Most of the story is in the early pages. The cops show up at the perp's house around page 40.

Happy reading.

Bernard

2. alden

alden 1,000+ Posts

My neighborhood message board (Cherrywood in Austin) is pretty informative as to what's going on. Good for knowing who's getting robbed and how. Sadly, while there are some random thefts and burglaries, most seem to be in close proximity to low-rent apartment complexes.

3. Apostle7550

Apostle7550 100+ Posts

That was freaking great!

4. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

fun thread, but man, those asswipes sure get excited about some ****** cars.