mihm_rules passes away

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by dignan, Jun 2, 2004.

1. 5280hornfan

5280hornfan < 25 Posts

Wow, I was actually reading his thread about the trip and got about four posts down and just started reading "RIP" from everyone. I can't believe that happened. RIP mihm...you'll be missed.[​IMG]

2. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

3. ldogg53

ldogg53 500+ Posts

damn.. this still bothers me... it just creeps me out to read his post discussing this trip and then to find out the result... heartbreaking and I didn't even know anything about the guy other than that I enjoyed reading his posts...

4. NatChampUT

NatChampUT 100+ Posts

You'll be missed. I didn't even know him, and it feels like I lost a member of my family. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Here's a pic.
    The Link

5. D_Wreck11

D_Wreck11 250+ Posts

You could tell from his posts he was a really good kid. My prayers go out to his family.

6. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

My first tears on 3:16. God Bless. [​IMG]

7. hornimal

hornimal 500+ Posts

I'm not even going to pretend to know what to say. mihm-rules, we'll miss you, bro [​IMG]

8. The Dog

The Dog 250+ Posts

9. Cheeky Baby

Cheeky Baby < 25 Posts

I haven't been over here long enough to know who this poster was, but did see his screen name pop up every now and then.

I just read the article. Very sad. [​IMG] I am sorry for your loss, Johnny M and the others here who knew him. My prayers go out to him and his family.

10. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay 500+ Posts

11. TJHorn92

TJHorn92 < 25 Posts

Reading the stories and seeing his picture makes this incredibly real. I was just reading his prom stories thinking about how silly the whole prom/HS scene seems to me now, at 34, and then to read about his passing. Very sad. Life is so fragile and I don't think we always understand that. My prayers and thoughts go out to his family. [​IMG]

12. Cheeky Baby

Cheeky Baby < 25 Posts

Out of curiosity, I ran a Google search on his name (Gary Durrenberger) and a few things came up, though nothing about the accident.

It appears that amongst other things, he was a photographer, as well as a local singer/songerwriter, too and was scheduled to play in a concert series on June 11. Overall, it sounds like he had so much going for himself. Reading about him makes it seem more tragic, but on a positive note, it sounds like even though his life was cut short, he lived it to the fullest.

13. JesterHorn

JesterHorn 100+ Posts

That's a sad article, but it's odd how his Dad says he never drank or did drugs, and I find it hard to believe alcohol didn't have a hand. Driving back from Mexico at 7 am? After posting about beer and *****?

RIP mihm rules.

14. po elvis

po elvis 250+ Posts

jester...

people tend to exaggerate when they post on austin 3:16. heck, the internet for that matter. i wouldn't put too much into what was written.

15. Jamez

Jamez 25+ Posts

I am drunk... and i may have posted on this thread.....R.I.P. [​IMG]

16. 2xHORN

2xHORN 100+ Posts

Sad. Bless his family.

Vaya con Dios, mi hijo. [​IMG]

HOOKEM

17. Stock

Stock First Time Poster

Especially keep his folks in your prayers. Losing any child has to be the worst thing a parent can go through. Gary had no siblings. The pain of losing an only child is unfathomable.

18. smwhorn

smwhorn Guest

thoughts and prayers to the family.

19. KaiserSoze

KaiserSoze 250+ Posts

This news makes me feel sick, angry, pissed, and sad. Whoever mentioned the little brother/nephew sentiment was right on it for me. He was a good kid and i liked talking to him.

R.I.P. bro

Kaiser

20. RacerFan

RacerFan < 25 Posts

Everything Kaiser said, ditto. Something like this always kind of puts things in perspective.

21. iamhorn

iamhorn 100+ Posts

22. Lame. After being in Mexico all night and having fun with friends, drinking or not, one would be tired. People exagerate all the time on these forums. Without it, we would have never had the Sorority thread. I think your post shows a lack of restraint regardless of your feelings about him, this or the feelings of others. It could lead some to think you are either jealous of the attention someone else is getting or just not a happy person intent on bringing others to that level. Sad if either are true, not saying they are.

Keep stuff like this to yourself and stray from rabble rousing posts. Thank you. The scenario I typed above came w/ very little thought and it makes total sense. Why could you or others not invested the bare minimum of thought? I am baffled. I am chagrined. Please don't post on threads w/ this topic in the future. Thank you.

23. boom

boom < 25 Posts

24. jdoggUT

jdoggUT 25+ Posts

How tragic... RIP Gary... [​IMG]

25. Horns_House

Horns_House 100+ Posts

well said loopy.

26. ENlightened

ENlightened Guest

All good thoughts to the family, both to his and to ours at Hornfans. No regrets, people. Live life as if this were your last day. Hell, it might be.

[​IMG]

27. Rimbo

Rimbo < 25 Posts

28. catrinka

catrinka < 25 Posts

here, here loopy.

29. Tailgate

Tailgate 500+ Posts

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Cherish each day and each other. Life is way too short.

30. I want to make one thing clear, JesterHorn is not a villian. He posted something that was against the grain and in bad taste in our opinions. I truly don't think he was trying to make it that way. So as families do, forgive and forget. He merely raised a question easily answered and prob. better left unsaid. There was no point to it.

So cut him a bit of slack in case anybody is on his *** about it. this is about or departed family/hornfan member.

I saw a group of freshmen on campus today. I wanted to go up and say hey to all of them.

HEED: Many of you have mentioned to me how you wish you could have met him. Well, there are many of us who wish to meet one another. Those in Dallas had that chance tonight to connect face to face. So maybe in the future we will all go out of our way to drop by one anothers tailgates and stuff when in town. You never know. Hook 'em.