Misunderstanding the Theory of Evolution etc.

Discussion in 'Quackenbush's' started by theropods, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Nivek

Nivek 500+ Posts

2. Huckleberry

Huckleberry 1,000+ Posts

No, I'm pretty sure that God does a fair share of smiting and that "smitten" is the appropriate conjugation in that sentence. Could be wrong on the proper conjugation.

3. Nivek

Nivek 500+ Posts

Inconceivable!!
    I was just wanting an opportunity to quote this movie... and I did, 2x

4. mia1994

mia1994 1,000+ Posts

You are correct in the conjugation, would have been won more points for using "smote" however.

5. evolujohn

evolujohn 100+ Posts

"I am baffled that ANYONE could actually think like he is outside of a trailer in Alabama."

Unfortunately this line of thinking is not limited to trailer residents in Alabama - I'm afraid they are present all over the U.S.

sigh...

6. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

7. Perham1

Perham1 2,500+ Posts

...why DNA proves that evolution is impossible....

My god.

After doing some googling, New Life Fellowship is an Assemblies of God church, not exactly a home to intellectuals. I don't think they like Harry Potter too much, either.

I can't find the academic background of the good doctor (not going to waste any more time on it). But suffice it to say that the odds of his Ph.D. (if indeed that's what it is) being from a reputable research institution, and in the sciences, is low. That's my guess, anyway.

But even sadder is the masses who will believe this guy.

8. MadTrapper

MadTrapper 100+ Posts

9. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

10. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

11. theropods

theropods 250+ Posts

What part of that education qualifies him to talk as a scientist on evolution, or young earth etc.? There is no part of that education that remotely suggests he is qualified in geology yet he is interpreting the geological record for you earth creationism. Environmental Biology is the study of how living organisms interact in a community. That isn't remotely concerned with evolution. A doctorate in Science Education is not a Doctorate in Science.

I wouldn't give up your lunch money yet. An undergrad degree in bio with a masters on how organisms interact in a community doesn't seem any more very relevant to the topics he is talking about than any of the other crackpots out there.

12. LonghornLawyer

LonghornLawyer 500+ Posts