Moody Center is really coming along…

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, Jul 9, 2021.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

3/4ths of those extended seats in the lower bowl are reserved for student seating: the lower blue sections and I think the orange sections behind the benches.

2. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

What makes you think that? The orange sections are marked "reserved."

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  3. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

It is also my impression that those orange "reserved" seats behind the benches are for season ticket holders, etc. just as they are at the FEC. The blue end zone seating on both ends of the court is clearly marked for students.

4. cactus47

cactus47 25+ Posts

That configuration is only for the men's tickets. Women's tickets don't have that large a student section.

5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Too bad. I look forward to the day the women draw as many students as the men.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

My mistake. I did not realize the student sections were going to be different for men and women but this is the designated seating plan for MBB. Students have the sections behind the benches too.

[​IMG]

Edit: I completely overlooked the similar image for WBB posted earlier by @Zig72 on the previous page. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  7. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

You seem really concerned about dead space between the seats and the floor. One side will have the team benches and the scorer's table so I think that's why it looks like less seats on one side. I'm wondering if they are putting the press/commentators on the same side as the scorers which is what many arenas do and then the other side is all seats next to the floor. In that case, Moody would be far better than Erwin.

8. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Yes...I was concerned. I did not want it to turn out like Meyers Stadium where you almost need binoculars (exaggeration for effect) to watch a women's soccer game, since the soccer field is inside the track. Compare that to Baylor's soccer stadium, for example, where you feel part of the game since the seats are almost on top of the field.

WBB is the last true bargain on campus, and I want the best fan experience and home court advantage possible.

Deep breaths...it looks like it will be OK.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

LOL...ok. Yes take some deep breaths. All they've talked about is having a more intimate environment for basketball so that would be monumentally stupid to have dead space between the court and the seats. It's possible but not likely. I'm more worried they are going to let 3-4k season ticket holders choose seats throughout the 10k seat arena thus making it just as cavernous and empty sounding as Erwin was. I really hope they block off some of the upper rows and force people to choose seats down low so all the seats around the court are filled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Endowing a WBB scholarship? Very cool.

• Like Like x 2
  13. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

So all these Moody Center videos today from members of the press got me pretty hyped for the season. The food and beverage options are incredible. No more crappy hotdogs and nachos. Check these out:
    Food & Beverage - Moody Center

Also, the clubs where you can hang out and get mixed drinks look really awesome. Reminds me of what NBA arenas already have. Does anyone know if these will be available to the general public or not? The one that caught my eye was the "indeed Club" profiled by Brian Davis today:

• Like Like x 1
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

At least 1 person noticed the prices listed during these media tours.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Much more detailed tour here:

People who don't go to the games to watch basketball (i.e. my wife) are REALLY going to want to go to games at this arena. Looks like quite an experience.

• Like Like x 7
  17. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

What a phenomenal world-class facility!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Ribbon cutting ceremony this morning.

• Like Like x 4
  19. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  21. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Full Moody Center Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. As usual, Vic nails it and sticks the landing on a public speaking engagement. Beard follows him and says "Yeah, Vic's a real easy guy to follow, isn't he? I'm about ready to go take a charge."

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

And, I thought paying $4 for a bottle of water at the Austin airport was getting gouged . . .

• Like Like x 1
  23. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

According to CDC our concession prices will stay the same for athletic events. OVG and LiveNation get to set their own prices for all non athletic events and that’s what’s reflected here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

The tweet I read from CDC did indicate what you stated that those who run the "non-athletic" events would set their own concession prices. But, I'm not convinced that for athletic events prices will "stay the same" (as at the Erwin Center) despite what he tweeted (should have been "commensurate" instead of "commiserate"). I mean, these are vendors which are not currently stationed at the Erwin Center. Time will tell.

Still, it irks me that these vendors (everywhere) want to gouge customers for a small bottle of water.

25. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Embarrassing coming from our AD. I noticed that too, and right away. :smh:

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Looks like the team got their official tour today from the Moody Center General Manager himself (Jeff Nickler). Here they are trying to score Bieber tix.

• Funny Funny x 2
  27. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Dear ______________,

As a loyal Women’s Basketball supporter, join Texas Athletics at the brand-new Moody Center for an Open House where you can scope out your desired seats for the 2022-23 Texas Women’s Basketball season! Get an exclusive first look at the basketball configuration of the Moody Center and be able to check out the view in person from your potential seats. Texas Athletics staff will be present to speak to the benefits of being a season ticket holder, as well as answering any season ticket related questions you may have. The Open Houses will take place on two separate days in the following time frames:

Saturday, May 14, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
    Monday, May 16, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Please Note: Specific appointment time for seat selection will be sent out on Monday, May 9. This Open House event is solely for you to get a private look at what the Moody Center has to offer for Women’s Basketball games. More details to follow.

We look forward to seeing you at the new home of the Texas Women’s Basketball!

Hook ‘em, Horns!

Your Friends at Texas Athletics

28. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  29. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Kyndall Hunter seemed to be the only player missing :idk:

• Agree Agree x 3
  30. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Noticed that too (with yesterday's video as well). I see Ndjakalenga was there in the part where Aaliyah is taking a pic. It appears Kendall did do an @justinbieber at the exact same time all of her teammates did on the TexasWBB instagram feed yesterday, so she was obviously in contact with them. But clearly, she didn't appear to be on the tour.