More on Scott Situation

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by realtexmex, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Buff Fan!

Buff Fan! 25+ Posts

And you know this how?

2. ojdidit

ojdidit 25+ Posts

The Albert Means violations were reported on this board (and many others) before he even signed, so don't discount the power of the interwebs. Saying there is a lack of proof less than a week after the alleged violations isn't exactly "boom goes the dynamite".

If nothing is amiss, CU fans shouldn't be worried about scrutiny. If it is, I would bet they want to hear about it sooner rather than later considering their history. I just know that Mack has never, ever, ever given off these kind of vibes in the past.

3. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

4. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

5. UTCU

UTCU < 25 Posts

6. DallasHorn

DallasHorn 100+ Posts

UTCU:

Cabral has admitted cheating in the past, his honesty is one reason yall promoted him.

Quote from CBS Sportsline:
    Colorado assistant Brian Cabral told the NCAA he was "going with the culture" established by Neuheisel during recruiting. It was to "push the envelope, not break the law, but to be more creative than anyone else," Cabral told the NCAA.

7. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

8. UTCU

UTCU < 25 Posts

DallasHorn,

Fair enough. All I'm saying is that if I were investigating the CU program, I'd start with someone else.

9. UTCU

UTCU < 25 Posts

10. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

11. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

So what you're saying is that if Scott's mom drove to Boulder the day after signing day and started working at a bank, then you could see the outrage?

Seriously, there may be something to it, there may not. As it stands, two major newspapers are reporting on it.
    Also, our coach who has a history of cleanliness when it comes to this kind of stuff AND who has seen all sorts of shady, dishonest crap for years, actually got pissed off enough to reference it in a signing day press conference. Now, the mother is talking about moving to Boulder after all that has gone down? And you don't see why we're upset and discussing it?

12. hjengo

hjengo 25+ Posts

UTCU,

You said that you don't believe that CU cheated during the Scott recruiting process. A good number of UT alums and/or fans think there's a decent/good chance that CU (or supporters/fans connected to CU) "may" have cheated. In my opinion: when there's smoke, there's a decent chance of a fire. Also, in my opinion, these discussions are not from us "crying" or "being sore losers." I wish DS the best except when CU plays us.

If you're embarrassed, give back your UT degree or don't mention that you have a degree from our great school. Let's see who will be eating crow when the dust settles.

13. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

Yeah, but "UTCU" knows a lot more about it than Mack Brown and William Powers Jr. [​IMG]

14. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

15. TJ=NPOY

TJ=NPOY 100+ Posts

If there was no smoke where there is fire, then why all the action on UT's end? Mack and the president of the university wouldn't get involved if there was nothing there.

Also, there seem to be documented reports on UT recruiting sites that scott committed twice to UT in the week prior to the commitment. As of tuesday reports were leaking out he was coming here, then wednesday all heck breaks loose.

Something doesn't seem right in this case. Just like putting kennedy on the phone during his interview with the Times where he gives a lame reason for going to CU(running back coach excuse).

16. anotherwebexpert

anotherwebexpert 100+ Posts

Hmmm....Barnette's program didn't involve any cheating?

Am I the only one who remembers a certain 5th down play?

Ah heck, not like he used that title game to build a national organization that emphasized honesty and integrity.

17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Two words - Bill Jones

18. TexasBuff

TexasBuff < 25 Posts

19. UTCU

UTCU < 25 Posts

Wow. You people are really fired up about this. Seriously, how likely is this:

1. Scott's mother flat out asked UT coaches to cheat. Is anyone that stupid?
    2. UT has a tape of that conversation and a reporter hasn't heard it yet.
    3. That there is a smoking gun out there but not one newspaper has reported anything at all, other than rumors they probably heard here.
    4. The presidents of two universities are wasting their time with this.
    5. Mack Brown is wasting his time with this.
    6. Dan Hawkins is all of a sudden running a dirty program.
    7. CU has an alumus who owns/runs a bank in Boulder and is willing to spend 10's of thousands of unearned dollars a year on a player's mother, but is stupid enough to do so in such an obvious manner.
    8. That a reporter in Boulder wouldn't know who that alumnus was in 10 minutes.
    9. CU faculty wouldn't sell that alumnus and the football program down the river in a heartbeat.
    10. Some guy's girlfriend's sister's brother's pediatrician knows Scott's uncle's grocery bagger and has all his facts straight and just posted it on the internet to feel important. Or something. Whatever, there's smoke dammit!
    11. Scott is lying.
    12. Scott's mother is lying.
    13. Scott's mother is willing to risk her son's career (which could be worth 10's of millions down the road) over a pay bump when she already has a job.
    14. Scott is willing to risk his career over his mom's pay bump when he'll likely be filthy rich in 3-4 years.

OR, how likely is this:

1. Scott wanted to play with his uncle
    2. Scott liked Dan Hawkins and Darian Hagan more than Mack and Applewhite
    3. Scott thinks he has a better chance at starting as a freshman at CU.
    4. Internet rumors without any credible sources to back them are full of crap.
    5. And maybe, just maybe, he changed his mind once or twice in the last couple months.

I can see I'm talking to deaf ears at this point, but think about it. We are dangerously close to being WVU here... But at least Rich tried to screw them out of $4 million. What did Scott do to you?

20. anotherwebexpert

anotherwebexpert 100+ Posts

See TexasBuff,

My standard for a college coach who actually lived his life according to his words is Jim Wacker. He turned his players into the NCAA and told his staff and alums to co-operate.

NCAA did what they do which is screw the ones who co-operate but I have a feeling that Wacker deep down knew that he did was right with his faith.

Never seem to recall ole Bill ever mentioning any remorse for wearing a ring for a title his team shouldn't have won.

Maybe you could help me with one more thing. What was the name of that social club in LA that Darien Hagen was a member? Just curious because if Major is of lower morals I wonder where that would rank Mr. Hagen.

21. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

It's all highly unlikely. We made the whole thing up. You win.

Just give up your UT degree. We don't need any alumni who are obviously so much smarter than our President, AD, Mack Brown, and the majority of our fans/alumni.

Colorado has never done anything wrong, and this is just a case of mistaken identity. It was really CSU. Those damn Rams!

22. TexasBuff

TexasBuff < 25 Posts

23. UTCU

UTCU < 25 Posts

24. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

Chip Brown of The Dallas Morning News said yesterday on ESPN Radio Austin that the president of The University Of Texas was contacting the president of CU about the recruitment of Darrell Scott.

There is a name for you.
    A very respectable one at that.

He did not say who told him but he is the beat writer for the Texas Football team and he would not make something like that up.

25. LittleBunnyFooFoo

LittleBunnyFooFoo 500+ Posts

UTCU-

i don't think anyone here has convicted Scott or family or CU of wrongdoing. almost everyone has framed it as a very real possibility while you've characterized the chances as being almost 0%.

the possibility of space debris landing on my head is almost 0%. i would bet every penny i own i will not get hit by falling space debris and not even think twice about it. i guess you're saying you'd bet all you owe that nothing underhanded took place in scott choosing colorado and not think twice about it, yet you're characterizing most here as being completely irrational.

we're close to becoming wvu? you have inside info on death threats about to be sent? you think the media should have already solved this by now? how many hours has it been?

ya know, i don't know, but there do seem to be a few unanswered questions.

so in that spirit, whose parents do you think mack was referencing in his press conference?

26. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

27. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

28. UTCU

UTCU < 25 Posts

Then what is? I'm not trying to be a jacakass (ok, maybe a little now and then, I'm human). I really want to see whatever evidence there is of wrongdoing. Can you please post just one piece of evidence that can be traced to a credible source that deals specifically with Scott and whatever it is that he has supposedly done wrong? Vague comments about dirty recruiting and JoePa aren't enough.

29. Aragorn

Aragorn 250+ Posts

30. nra1775

nra1775 250+ Posts

Why is it so hard to believe that somebody would cheat? If OU or A&M said we had cheated I would be holding my breath. I would hope we wouldn't but you can never be sure.

Sometimes people disagree about what the fact of the matter is with regard to a certain question. In those cases, there are many opinions, but only one fact. Those people whose opinion agrees with the facts are correct, those who have other opinions are incorrect.

The facts may never come out so this is all just opinion and speculation at this point.