More Roger

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by mary21, Jan 8, 2008.

1. mary21

mary21 100+ Posts

2. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden 500+ Posts

It will definately be interesting to see where this ends up.

3. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

4. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Roger Clemens certainly appears to be making this worse rather than better. In this case Andy Pettite handled the situation MUCH better.

5. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Still don't know why McNamee is wiling to go to jail now when he could have just never implicated Clemens in the first place, whether he is telling the truth or not. Obviously, the feds had no proof or they would not have pressed him for Clemens. Overall it was a stupid decision on McNamee's part. Now he is going to spend a fortune fighting Roger because Roger is definitely not going away.

6. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

My opinion on the Clemens steroid matter and what happened is as follows. Clemens used the roids for a brief time in 2000 or 2001 when he was with the blue jays as has been alleged. However, the use was minor, maybe 3 or 4 injections total over a couple of months period. Not enough to make a long term positive effect. Because the use was so minor, clemens is pissed that mcnamee turned him in and sold him out over a trivial matter which would tarnish his entire hall of fame career. mcnamee has no money, clemens has tons and can afford this manuever and strategy. if there is no other evidence, clemens will tell congress that he never used steroids.

7. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

Must say I do not feel very positive about Mr. Clemens. I feel he has handled this poorly and he is lying big time.

8. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

9. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

Man, Beau, I have so many issues with that article that it would take me all night. You can't ask someone to so something, then complain when they do it.

I will try to go point by point tomorrow maybe. I have a feeling neither of us is going to change our mind anyway, unless there is a smoking needle or something out there. [​IMG]

10. idigTexas

idigTexas 1,000+ Posts