Most Disappointing Thing

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by KBBAKER, Oct 3, 2020.

1. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

Seeing a UT tailback (Ingram) getting caught from behind after having a 15 yard running head start! Embarrassing. Lack of speed contributes to this abysmal running attack, and screen game.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  2. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Ingram supposedly runs a 4.6 . After what i saw I kinda doubt it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I agree. The DB caught him quickly too. That was shocking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Our slow RBs were exposed. We certainly can use Camar Wheaton but why would he come here?

5. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Maybe a 4.69. The tcu DB was a 4.45 guy I’m guessing.

6. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

I think Ingram was hurt on the whee route pass in the 1st quarter. You could tell he was laboring on that run. Could not put in Johnson because he injured his shoulder. Ingram has good speed even though his main asset is cutting. Give the kid a break, nobody on this board feels as bad as he does about that fumble. Without him, we would not have been on the 1.

There are other plays where mistakes cost us too. How about Smith dropping that pass on a cross when there was nothing but green in front of Him. You could point to C Jones wondering around pass the line of scrimmage wiping out a big gain where we would have scored points. I would also put up for discussion the play calling late in the fourth with 2 stuffed runs and a short pass before giving the ball back.

There is a lot that went wrong. The bottom line is we are poorly coached. This season is on the coaching staff.

• Agree Agree x 5
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020